Head count for raa east 2018

Another phone number for the Big South Motor Lodge......1-606-310-8066. I just checked the cancellation list, he is going to call later today or tomorrow. He ( Gary?) said there had been some cancellations and would let me know. I believe some people are confusing bed bugs with our state bug... the Lady Bug. So keep cancelling, I'll get a room yet.

Next three days is going to be fun. Upgrades and maintenance. Some of the stuff needs to be done other is just for peace of mind. Plan on making this run and the one to Washington. Plus riding and commuting. So figure I might as well get it all done. Barnett clutch and springs going to be done first. Radiator hoses (SAMCO) and radiator re-installed. Gas tank removed and new filter and arm thing for gas gauge installed. New cables all the way around. Ramair filter cleaned. New TPS sensor installed 38,000 miles why chance it. New front wheel bearings. New neck bearings. Progressive springs installed and fresh oil in forks. New tires. Thinking about while I wait on tools ordered for neck bearings that we might just go ahead and get the top tree and fly screen brackets and the funny looking thing that holds the ignition switch in place powder coated. New brake pads all the way around. Between tools,fluids and parts this is costing a bit. At least we do not have to pay for labor.:D:D:D:D Figured to get 95% of it done in the next three days. Front forks reinstalled and neck bearing will have to wait until next weekend. (tools not in yet) Game plan is to get it all done before April. Should be a pretty slick ride when it is all done. Hopefully slick enough to run many a miles this year. Can't and do not what to think of breaking down somewhere along the way on either runs. Refuse to have a repeat of Leaky Texas. For those that were there they know what am talking about. EXCITED ABOUT THIS RUN. Naw not at all.:roll::roll::roll::roll::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:

Hey, Sonny!
Can you provide a book on tape for this post??? :eek: :rolleyes: :roll: :p

Another phone number for the Big South Motor Lodge......1-606-310-8066. I just checked the cancellation list, he is going to call later today or tomorrow. He ( Gary?) said there had been some cancellations and would let me know. I believe some people are confusing bed bugs with our state bug... the Lady Bug. So keep cancelling, I'll get a room yet.
Ah yes the beloved and ubiquitous Ladybug. Those things get into the cleanest homes and are really of no real harm.

nothingtoadd.gif

Yeah Jay, me neither. Laurel wanted to know who was attending and I had to go back about 17 pages to find the last head count.
Decided to stick a copy out here on the end. Anybody new in or out?

Rainman & stb 2 bikes 2 peeps
Steel 2 bikes 3 peeps
WyldCFH 1-2 bikes, 2 peeps
Tripps probably 2 bikes, 2 people
scott_in_exile one bike multiple underware
teraeric 1 trailer 1 perp
mully95 1 bike 1 peep
mexican 2 bikes 2 peeps "maybe 3"
Joesmoe & Wei 1 bike 2 peeps
Warp9.9 1 bike and 1 peep
1K9 1 bike, 1 peep
EasTexRIII 1 bike, 2 peeps
BillB and Laurel 2 bikes 2 Peeps
Dr.D 2 bikes 2 peeps
Sonny 1 bike 1 peep, lots of beer :D
Ski, 1 bike, 1 peep
Rocket Scientist & Tow+"The Phoenix"
Frosty Rider 1 bike 1 peep
TO Rocket 1 bike two peeps
cvsisinthehouse 1 bike 1 peep
Whingnut 1 bike - 1 peep
Rktnmypkt: 1 bike 1 Rider
1olbull - 1 bike - 1 peep
Nolton - 1 bike - 1 peep
Watcher - 1 bike - 1 peep
Tee - 1bike - 1 peep
Stripes - 1 bike 1 peep
Speedy - 1 bike - 2 peeps
TheKid - 1 bike 1 peep
R3Tex - 2 bikes 2 peeps

@Tripps @TO rocket @Bedifferent from where we are near Dulles Airport and 25 miles due west of the Washington Monument, we're looking at 558 miles and roughly nine hours.

If y'all look at your maps, and I-81 is included in your route, we could meet most anywhere.

I'd like to leave around day-break on that Thursday and that would put us in Stearns around 1500-1600, before we get to looking directly into the sun.

I use Glympse on my phone to allow folks who share their cell number to see my real-time location.

If this is too complicated as multiple variables often are, I'll just look to see you when we all arrive in Stearns.

Last edited:
Back