To change the subject and address reliability mentioned here....Goldwing and Valkyrie are bulletproof.

So you're saying they make for good range targets? I hate buying new Hondas every time I go to the range. Once you shoot holes in them, they're useless. Woohoo triple posts!! Someone yell at me, please.

I still have my Retired 1984 FXRS 1340 Superglide shovel in my shed I start it up every now and again to listen to that Potato Potato Potato idle always loved the sound!

Attachments

• Receipt076.jpg
    Receipt076.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1
Harley Davidson even has their own beef and pork sausages too...

I would say it's petty obvious that people buy Harleys, or any bike really, for a whole range of reasons. Harleys sell because they're Harleys. If it was just about hp or torque or speed or cubic inches there'd only be a handful of bikes to choose from. Don't really understand the point you're making.
They buy Harleys because they want to be part of the HD biker gang

I still have my Retired 1984 FXRS 1340 Superglide shovel in my shed I start it up every now and again to listen to that Potato Potato Potato idle always loved the sound!

That is pretty close to my buddy Bill who didn't ride with us this year becasue he couldn't get his started. **** shame too as his bike at least lloks really cool. He won't give it up but he misses more rides becasue he can't keep it going. I hear more guys cuss his Shovel then any others... No Dave's Police Road King seems to go on forever. Just today when I asked him how fast he wanted me to go on the way home from lunch, he said "as fast as you want; Can't out run me on a Police bike". I didn't test him on that but he did keep up with me at 75 till we hit civilization once more and had to slow down.

Nothing sounds better than a strong V-Twin, cusso.
And don't forget the "Tomato" in between the third and last "Potato".

That is pretty close to my buddy Bill who didn't ride with us this year becasue he couldn't get his started. **** shame too as his bike at least lloks really cool. He won't give it up but he misses more rides becasue he can't keep it going. I hear more guys cuss his Shovel then any others... No Dave's Police Road King seems to go on forever. Just today when I asked him how fast he wanted me to go on the way home from lunch, he said "as fast as you want; Can't out run me on a Police bike". I didn't test him on that but he did keep up with me at 75 till we hit civilization once more and had to slow down.

By 1984 the shovels were pretty well sorted out ,with a good carby and electronic ignition with the 5 speed box and higher gearing I have seen 180 Kph on my shovel not fast by todays standards but quick enough and as I have always said a 1340 shovel full throttle and under load is the sweetest sound I have ever heard ,mine has a set of Staintune peashooters on and 30 years later they are still mint .:inlove

Back