hard front suspension after fork oil change

I got the triumph tool to compress the spring, but had to get help from a mate to undo the nut while I compressed the spring with the tool. PITA. But it's not a difficult job to do.

Did the oil change again, it was excess oil which caused the hard suspension. did a test ride and is smooth like before!Thanks all for helping me!

The occasional backfire and missing is the thing which remains in the machine now.

Check your coil wire connections for that problem. They may require cleaning and re-crimping after which you should coat them with a bit of dielectric grease.

Did you install Progressive's springs up front or just change the oil and seals?

I didnt install progressive springs, just the oil and seal change!

I changed d spark plugs and checked the low tension wires last month , they are intact!

This backfire stopped for a while and started again

Disconnect your batteries hot lead, reconnect and run the 12 minute tune (start ignition without touching the throttle at all and let it run untouched for at least 12 minutes, also untouched, until the radiator fan comes on). That should "force adapt" the ECU to factory settings and just might possibly clear up your backfiring issue. If not, you'll have to troubleshoot it for other sources, which the more intelligent guys here can and will guide you on should you need or want any assistance.:thumbsup:

Back