******Handlebar Vibration...Resonance Above 65 MPH******

Fixitbaz

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Tribal Orange Triumph Rocket 3
I have a 2006 Tribal Orange R3 that suffers from Handlebar vibration.... resonance above 65 mph.

When below 65 mph the vibration...resonance is not felt and the image in the mirrors is nice and clear above 65 mph and the vibration.... resonance is felt and the image in the mirrors is not so clear.

The issue is that bad that after riding for 15 to 20 minutes that both hands thumbs 1st and 2nd fingers become numb and full of what we say here in the UK "pins and needle feelings or white finger syndrome". To stop having this issue I have to reduce my speed below 65 mph for a couple of minutes and all senses return back to both hands.

The R3 has only covered 5000 miles and everything is in mint condition with no ware on anything.

The front tyre has been balanced and pressure checked. If believe if it was a problem with the wheel or tyre out of balance the vibration would be more severe.

The R3 has the follow mods carried out to it...

TORS
Decat
Progressive 440 rear shocks
Progressive front springs
Rivco riser bars
Power commander 3
3 x K&N'S
Secondaries removed
Dynoed @148 BHP at the rear wheel

Anyone with any ideas please :confused::confused::confused: as if this carries on I will probably have to sell R3 :(:(:(

I have had some people say this is a common problem on R3 is this true :confused::confused::confused:

The factory mouse ear mirrors are nearly worthless over 3000 rpm, the fix for that is replacement mirrors with billet stems.

Handlebar vibration can be minimized with oversize bar end weights but not eliminated. I added Throttlemeister throttle lock/weighted bar ends to mine. It helps and they come in three sizes/weights.

With the throttlemeisters and billet mirrors I don't notice the buzz like I did when it was new.

Sorry forgot to say teardrop mirrors fitted not the standard mouse ears !!!!

The factory mouse ear mirrors are nearly worthless over 3000 rpm, the fix for that is replacement mirrors with billet stems.

Handlebar vibration can be minimized with oversize bar end weights but not eliminated. I added Throttlemeister throttle lock/weighted bar ends to mine. It helps and they come in three sizes/weights.

With the throttlemeisters and billet mirrors I don't notice the buzz like I did when it was new.

Can't say i noticed any at all on mine (07 r3). Has it always done it, or did it start at any particular time during your ownership?. Just thought you could maybe pin it down to some individual mod. Have you checked bearings ? i.e wheels , headrace etc. I had an H.D that had a mysterious rattle and vibration between 3,000 and 3,500rpm, i finally traced it to, of all things a loose bolt on the gear change linkage. I was convinced it was something terminal in the gearbox:rolleyes:. Hopefully when you do find it its something simple. Stick with it , its not a failing with the model.

If the tyre balance checked out start checking the steering head bearings, the engine mounts and work your way round even the rear wheel can cause front end vib's. It is not normal !!!:rolleyes:

Anyone with any ideas please :confused::confused::confused: as if this carries on I will probably have to sell R3 :(:(:(

I have had some people say this is a common problem on R3 is this true :confused::confused::confused:

I can honestly say my 08 has next to no vibration what so ever. They are all built the same ,so it has to be something loose or out of whack in some bikes.
Have you asked the dealer?

Back