Handlebar risers and Fleetliner Fairing???

THECRAIGMEISTER

.020 Over
Does anyone know if the Rivco handlebar risers will work with the Fleetliner fairing? It seems in my head that the risers will place the bars above the fairing on the sides where the part of the fairing protects your hands? Does anyone have this setup? I don't want to install the risers if it won't work with the fairing but I am a really big guy and want to use the risers if possible? Thanks for the input.....Craig

Yes it will work. I have the Rivco risers and the Fleetliner fairing and it all works quite well. You still have the ignition key accessibility issue cause of the fairing, and the tank won't lift up to use the prop wand cause of the risers, but both issues are solveable and become more of a get used to it proposition.

I made a simple key extension to solve the first issue, and in fact, the risers make it easier to get to the ignition switch. For the second, I remove the 2 bolts holding on the front tank bracket to the tank, then lift the tank up past the risers and instruments bracket, reinstall the bracket, deploy the prop wand and Walla!

I have a standard rocket, not the Classic, so can't speak to how it all works with the Classic handlebars. Vinny Boy

I have rivco risors and classic and simply remove the gauges from their mount and by swinging the tank left or right a tad you can squeeze it past the bars and remaining bracket. its very close but works. Don't have fleetliner.....(yet) so can't relate to that

I have a 2005. I think it is a standard? Did they even make a classic in 05? I wanted the Graphite color so I found a new 05 and bought it. Does the fairing with the risers still hug the front headlights or does it have to be raised to compensate for the risers? Thanks again....Craig

Vinnyboy you were right, thanks! Risers work perfectly with the fleetliner fairing. What a difference the risers make. It is soooo much more comfortable. I was skeptical as to what the little bit of difference would make but my shoulders are straight now and i am not leaning over......I am 6'5" so I am very happy. Took a bit longer than expected but was worth it. If anyone that doesn't like the angle and feel of the handlebars needs to sit on one that has the Rivco risers!! Really makes a big difference!

Back