Hand grips and new levers.

Just bought a set of Avon Black Anodized custom contour grips (MT-CC-86-ANO) Like the looks and quality. Plus they are American made. Ordered through Dennis Kirk should be here by Friday. So we have four days of riding around with duct tape for a grip on the throttle side. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@sonny - you can still save $22 if you cancel order and get it here.

If price doesn't bother you still get it on Amazon and donate $22 to charity.

If you look at the pic they are not the same as what Dennis Kirk is offered. Missing the set screws. Checked them out earlier.

Clutch lever does not fit. Hole for pin way to big and slot for cable not deep enough. Getting my money back. Don't buy this stuff Garbage to say the least. Really not a happy camper at all.

Clutch lever does not fit. Hole for pin way to big and slot for cable not deep enough. Getting my money back. Don't buy this stuff Garbage to say the least. Really not a happy camper at all.
May be 'cheapo' but correct Chinese is the way to go these days mate. Evidenced by the less restricted users posting earlier.

Chinese manufacturing is largely world class these days - they do after all and have for the last decade or two imported the best machinery and technology available world wide by hook or by crook (the same as any other rising power). They import more legal German, USA and OECD economy machinery exports than ANY other country in the world.

Example:
Their Chinese 'cheapo' folding knives like 'Rough Rider' and 'Steel Warrior' brands have matched or frankly exceeded any US manufacturer for 20 years at 25% or less the retail price and probably 5-10% of the wholesale price leaving huge margins for retailers.

The USA did the same to the UK Sheffield cutlery industry 100 years ago.

Get used to it, it is just the start of China's century or centuries of dominance?

All empires die and are replaced by another, just like humans.

I am not giving up. The Avon hand grips are made in Texas. The A.S.V. levers are made in Long Beach California. Yes i got burned buying the Strada brand. Not the first and will not be the last time i get burned buying parts for motorcycles. It happens. 99% of the time buying none Chinese made products i have been very happy with the product. May have to pay a bit more but most of the time it is worth it. The other plus is knowing that thanks to my purchase some guy in Texas and California are working thanks to my efforts to buy american vice Chinese. Very much a liberal democrat but firmly believe in supporting jobs here in the states. ;););););););)

Round two begins IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0490.JPG Levers are supposed to be here this afternoon. From what i have read there suppose to be top notch. Went with the long vice the short with the A.S.V. as recommended by the company. At a little over $200.00 dollars they had better be. Paid a little extra to get black adjustment knob. If it all fits should be very functional and slick looking. :):):):):) pics will follow along with comments. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back