Got bumped on the road yesterday when I was doing 40

RoadRocket

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket
Almost crashed: a completely inattentive driver in large SUV bumped me doing 40 on a local street. He changed lanes right into me without checking his blindspot. I was already in the process of passing him when he changed lanes, I had just moved into his blindspot in the process of passing. I moved way over and accelerated to get out from him...felt my backend move to my left pretty good. From looking in my mirrors he didn't appear to have his signals on. Maybe he was on a cell phone or something....whatever was going on his mind it was clear he wasn't paying attention to traffic around him. I didn't crash, the bike seemed fine, so I just went on and stayed very far from him. Conditions: sunny, dry road surface, very little traffic, middle of the day, had on my highbeams. Gear one:wearing a full face Snell certified helmet, body armor over which I had a Leather Jacket with integrated body armor, racing boots, armored gloves. (The streaks you see on my tailpipes are from the SUV's tire). Just another wild time on my rocket...no damage done..just a little scuffed on my pipes.

IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

That was a close one, did he even know that he hit you? if not you should have taken his number and reported a hit and run a little talk by the local constabulary might make him pay more attention.

He should have noticed since it was the drivers side front tire that bumped me....bike felt fine didn't crash, just kept on going and kept a large distance between myself and that guy. In my state its legal to split lanes...I got ahead and put cars between me and the idiot driver.

:eek: I though they only did that in NASCAR. The power of the bike got you off a wreck. You can polish the pipes and orient the tips with the scratch downwards.

Back