Is your house little and on the prairie too? 'Good night John-boy'. ;):p
While we're referencing old shows...
Last week I was sitting in the waiting room at the Dr's office. I tried to quietly and politely tell the lady sitting across from me that she might want to close her legs a little, because I could see her slip. She got upset, and loudly said, IT'S A PETTICOAT! I said, we'll in that case, I can see the junction...
And Uncle Joe needs a shave.

Did you ever see the Brazilian take-off of that show, and its spin-off Pink Acres?:eek:

Petticoat Junction - Wikipedia
Petticoat Junction is an American situation comedy that originally aired on CBS from September 1963 to April 1970.[1] The series takes place at the Shady Rest Hotel, which is run by Kate Bradley, her Uncle Joe Carson, and her three daughters Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo Bradley. The series is one of three interrelated shows about rural characters produced by Paul Henning. Petticoat Junction was created upon the success of Henning's previous rural/urban-themed sitcom The Beverly Hillbillies (1962–1971). The success of Petticoat Junction led to a spin-off, Green Acres (1965–1971).

I never watched much TV as a kid must have missed lots of shows, we had one of course but had better things to do ,we have 5 TVs in our house, but I spend more time in the shed tinkering or fixing things that are not broken or on the Computer trolling the various Forums , Caravaner's Forums , Trucking forums, Motorcycle Forums(BTW this one is by far the best)And Hot Rod Forums
Today is the Shortest Daylight Hours down here so its dark at 5.15Pm
But will be glued to the Big screen at the Pub tonight watching Qld and NSW battle out the NRL state of Origin Game then try to avoid the usual punch up in the car park after these games, I won the last one by 150 metres:laugh::laugh::laugh:
What AFL game is on tonight? Oh, I see. It is that secondary code.

Nah, no Googlefoo used for that! See what happens when you rely on grog free de-ethylated brain cells before the miracle post 5:00PM rejuvenation occurs. The brain is about to be happy, so now its the liver's turn to whinge!;):D

Don't blame me, Bucko!
Too much time spent upside down is your best excuse.

That is the problem with the modern day world far toooooo much TV and do not blame us Scots for inventing it as we never forced you to park your arse on a seat to watch it.
In the good old days as soon as the sun came up we were out chasing sheep until the sun went down and believe you me by that time you were to tired to put two bob in the TV(does that last one ring a bell with anyone.)

That is the problem with the modern day world far toooooo much TV and do not blame us Scots for inventing it as we never forced you to park your arse on a seat to watch it.
In the good old days as soon as the sun came up we were out chasing sheep until the sun went down and believe you me by that time you were to tired to put two bob in the TV(does that last one ring a bell with anyone.)

As usual we flogged you lot there too - Television in Australia - Wikipedia

In 1885, Henry Sutton developed a Telephane for closed circuit transmission of pictures via telegraph wires, based on the Nipkow spinning disk system, so that the Melbourne Cup could be seen in Ballarat. Reports differ on whether the Telephane was successfully implemented.[7][8][9][10]

Your two Bobs (shillings) rings a bell here for you poor highly taxed UK citizens, but Steve would still be trying shove a couple of Daryls in to the TV gasometer if he got into a Scots time machine.;):p

I think we sold one of our old ABC TV shows to your networks as a Scots 'soft ****' show, similar to this - ( Dog trials attract greater interest from women and city dwellers ) ;):p:eek:

Back