Glowing exhaust

GGR3

.020 Over
Ride
2013 R3 Roadster
Started the R3 when I got home from work cause its sat for the last 10 days, so I thought id start her up and let it warm a little and shoot a little charge in the battery. After 5 mins of idle this is what caught my eye. Should I be concerned?
IMG_20140430_184254.jpg

ggr3

i had a race car that the magneto tie down was not tight enough and it retarded the timing and the pipes glowed just like yours. also loss of power.
it seems to me that it is unburnt fuel burning in the pipes. if it is doing that in the catalytic conv it will ruin it.
if it was mine i would have it checked. some one else might have a better idea. hope this helps.

I'm just about at the point for the first service (500 miles) Ill bring this up when I take it to the dealer. Thanks guys!

I would say it is caused by the resistance created by the cats in the mufflers (Roadster). Those header pipes are not too substantial so sitting stationary idling it is not surprising to see the pipes glowing.
But get it cheched in any case.

Mine does the same. I really noticed once I got the TORS tune installed at the dealer. I did some searches here and on the .com site and apparently it is normal with the tunes from Triumph.

Mine did the same thing untill I took the original mufflers off. I think it was to do with the cat things in the mufflers retaining the heat. Just ride it and enjoy the glow.

Back