Getting New Avon Cobra's Installed

I'm having the Race Tech Gold Valve Emulator plus springs (per @barbagris suggestion) installed at MRP Motorsports in Pasadena, MD on September the 23rd -- a day Kenny (the owner) said I could go by and have it done in one day (this will be interesting since he said he wants the bike there early so it can cool, and will start work at 1100).

I prepaid the springs ($129) and as time approached, I asked if he would change the tires for me, and oh by the way, I would like to have the splines lubricated with the back wheel off. Having never dealt with them before, I was asking silly questions, such as, "I could do the work if you wish", to which he responded, "We're a professional shop, not a back yard mechanic, and we use Bel-Ray assembly lube , curious because that is exactly what @rocketjohn recommended.

Today I remembered to ask him to turn the valve stem around on the rear tire.

So having arranged all that, I asked him if it would be o.k. to ship the tires to him ahead, and he said sure, marked attention my name.

Per several recommendations here, particularly @cr0ft and @rahoffman2 @Idaho Red Rocket 3 and others, I ordered the AVON 150/80/R16 WW for the front, and the AVON 180/70/R16 black wall for the rear, shipping included at Rocky Mountain ATV & MC.

Funny thing, later in the day I received a notice that they were unable to ship because the shipping address (the motorcycle shop) and the billing address (my house) are different.

I called Rocky Mountain and told Savannah, "You've got to be kidding -- all kinds of people with motorcycles ship tires ahead to have them installed." Savannah said, "Not a problem sir, we need to check a few things, if you don't mind."

She asked me to confirm the billing address. Then she asked me to confirm the ship-to address. I asked if she wanted the web page URL, and said no. Then she asked me to name two streets near the billing address. I'm not sure how that catches anyone; I said well yes, that's where I live, and the street that crosses mine (we're on the corner) is this, and it connects to that. She didn't seem interested in the details, only that I could answer immediately, I suppose without calling up MapQuest. She quickly said "Thank you" and a few minutes later I saw the shipping confirmation email.

Oh, and while we're at it, I'll be installing the Hagon shocks I purchased from @idk at long last.

So I'm looking for an improved ride, changing from original tires (just over 7,000 miles - I know, babe in the woods yet), original springs and shocks.

Of course, photos will be coming, "or it didn't happen." ;)

Back