Getting my bike Dyno'd today.

Cobba

Supercharged
Just dropped the bike over to a fella to get it dyno'd.
Doing a base line run with the K&N trips on it then fitting the new plenum I'm making (second version) to see how much improvement is made.

Seems like he knows his stuff. He's the cheif mechanic for the Australian BMW Superbike team and talked me out of hooking up the PCv and is going to do it all with TuneECU.

Said that he will do it all in 4th gear as his dyno is speed limited to 200KPH?? Does that sound right???

Not sure if I'll get a comparable reading to others performance if I'm a gear down on what others use..
What is the norm for doing a dyno run. 4th or 5th.

Thanks Pig.
Hadn't concidered the gear ratio bit myself but I could see his point about exceeding the dyno's limit in 5th.

Never had much to do with this side of it before.

Cheers.

Well I'm happy enough with the result.

I turned this,

Into this,

and got this.

Good increases in power till 6000 RPM then a drop of 3.5HP (2.3%) over the next 1200.
TBH, I don't spend much time riding over 6000, so I'm calling it a win.

No idea how to convert tractive effort (lb) to torque (or is it the same thing) but seems to be a big increase in that as well in the low to mid range. 560+ up by about 30 lb.

Beautiful! Very impressive mate. Also agree your logic re the higher revs. I spend very little time over 5000rpm so would be very happy with this outcome. Just wondering what feedback you got on your design and whether you're likely to make any more? You could probably still get some of the bear claw back to neaten up the tank edge - maybe?

Got plans to make my own variation of a bearclaw to cover in the back area.

This is my second attempt. First worked just as well but it stuck out a bit far at the back (about an inch further out than the bearclaw) and I ran into a clearance problem with the indicator at the front when full lock left so had to use a different air filter.

Can't really pick it in the photo but the plenum runs on an angle of about 15 degrees across the throttle bodies with the front being further out.
Back is now nicely tucked in and front clears also with that big K&N on it.

Still not happy with the final outcome and planning Mkiii in my head already.
Going to go to 4" inlet and 5" plenum I think. Might fix that drop off of power in the top end if I do that.
Sh!ts me when I'm like this cos I don't sleep well when I'm laying in bed crunching numbers around my head.

Cheers Mr Mitch.
How's that new puppy going?? Torn the sheets off the washing line yet.:)
Oh so much fun having a new pup around the house. Destructive little buggers.
Bred Staffies for years but gave it all up some time back.

Haha na he has been good so far but I have provided plenty of chew toys and the obedience training with treat rewards started day one . Got him sitting and laying already .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back