Gear change clunky after bike drop

Tony

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3R
At 40 mph on motorway road works car pulled out into my lane just as traffic came out to complete stop (stole my brake distance) hit brakes hard and just about stopped but touched his bumper bike fell to the left under a bit of control. I was in 4 gear I hit the kill switch. With help I stood the bike up and no damage caused (lucky). Bike would not start so switched off then back on and it started no problem. However the gear change is now clunky and when accelerating it feels jerky. any ideas before I take it to a garage.

Was it resting on the gear lever? Maybe something bend or broken there, check carefully. I don't see those links as particular sturdy but at the same time, if something breaks most likely outside first not inside

Literally zero damage? No scratches or dents? I've been assuming if we lay this bike over it'll leave significant damage. Got to assume at LEAST the bar ends and/or mirror are scratched up.

Literally zero damage? No scratches or dents? I've been assuming if we lay this bike over it'll leave significant damage. Got to assume at LEAST the bar ends and/or mirror are scratched up.
No it rested on the pannier which is a little scuffed no damage to mirrors

Was it resting on the gear lever? Maybe something bend or broken there, check carefully. I don't see those links as particular sturdy but at the same time, if something breaks most likely outside first not inside
That’s what I looked closely at everything seems fine there, but wondering why it feels so jerky now when throttle is opened quickly it’s not smooth in the transition as it picks up speed. It changes gear ok but just doesn’t feel the same. Going to get it checked out

Back