Fuel/Air Ratio Gauge install to WBO2 sensor

It's hard to speculate to advise just on wire colours without really having a guide to identify
You would definitely want a dedicated WBO2 sensor and also need to know what type of sensor the gauge was calibrated for (LSU 4.2. or 4.9 are going to be most common)
Then it would require 4 wire connection to sensor - 2 for heater power and 2 for signal.

Hi DEcosse

Thanks its an LSU42 according to Dynojet

Attached is a pin-out I've drawn up in my quest to sort this. Our electrical engineer at work said it should be easy to take a tapping off the existing unit without upsetting the AT unit as its really just like putting a multi-meter on the loop.

Hope below makes some sort of sense.

WBO2 Pin Configuration.jpg

Ive been giving much thought about purchasing another weggo III unit for my bike so I can see where its at and record. I have a auto tune I'm assuming a older version as Atro gave it to me. Not sure if it records or not and also gives you view like the weggo unit does going to have to pick hanso's nrain about that. I sure the weggo suggested adjustments can be imported to the pcv but I'll have to check. The thing I like about this style is it is not just a gauge but records in sync with throttle position and rpm which a gauge is just not as percise. If there was a way to rob the signal off the auto tune with having to spend 300 bucks on a ugly box on the bars I'm in.

Hi Warp, I'm not trying to log just get a live readout for a project we are undertaking, thought this was going to be the easy bit but its proving a brain drain.

As per another post I've replied to our electrical engineer at work said the gauge should just read the WBO2 output in much the same way a multi-meter reads voltage without effecting the unit the signal is running too. As its Easter I don't want to phone and bother him with my problems.

The picture I've uploaded on the other reply has the pin configuration for the Bosch WBO2 supplied with the AT. Its apparently and LSU42 plug. I found a wiring diagram that's color coded as per my WB02. The plugs different and the wires change colors going into the AT but that's probably done by Dynojet I'm guessing.

Tomorrow. I think I'm going to fire up the bike and set up my meter on the whole thing. Apparently all WB02 outputs are 0-1vdc and my gauge is 0-1vdc. If I can match the connections with the pin config below it will narrow things down. Am just being cautious here as don't want to toast the AT.

We have a simulator at work I will set the gauge up on too to test it before connecting it up.

Happy Easter everyone too. Our cat had a bunny for lunch today it caught.

lsu4pins.gif

Tomorrow. I think I'm going to fire up the bike and set up my meter on the whole thing. Apparently all WB02 outputs are 0-1vdc and my gauge is 0-1vdc. If I can match the connections with the pin config below it will narrow things down. Am just being cautious here as don't want to toast the AT.

We have a simulator at work I will set the gauge up on too to test it before connecting it up.

Happy Easter everyone too. Our cat had a bunny for lunch today it caught.

lsu4pins.gif

According to our electrical engineer the yellow is the wbo2 output going to test tonight hopefully

Back