Frustrated update

RAID is random array independent discs, I only know that because I lost a lot of money betting on a company that owned the patent rights, lol

For the benefit of all of us clueless computer illiterate buffoons, what is 'NAS with RAID - 1 or 5' ???
Well for "clueless computer illiterate buffoons" - it can be expensive - if they believe the unscrupulous pirating bastids.

RAID - Well if you really want to know - Google "Randy Katz - No really. Thanks to him - I had a career for a while.

Synology Inc. - I use a DS218j | Synology Inc.

QNAP has advantages for VIDEO if you don't NEED to hide the wee monster.

Arghhhh

lgs.jpg

RAID is random array independent discs, I only know that because I lost a lot of money betting on a company that owned the patent rights, lol
Redundant - NOT Random. Quickly became Redundant Array of Inexpensive Discs - I was there at the beginning (see Tandem Computers) and until the Year 2000 bubble burst.

Redundant - NOT Random. Quickly became Redundant Array of Inexpensive Discs - I was there at the beginning (see Tandem Computers) and until the Year 2000 bubble burst.

Yup, that was an expensive year.

Not for me - I cashed out 4 seconds after the peak. I had a mate (now sadly demised - smoked like a chimney) who had the peak sale - 15,000% profit.

Nice, it was actually 2001 that was the expensive year.

Back