front tire.

140/75 and 240/55 work fine with ABS. Anything outside that, like a 140/70, will likely trip an error.

Clearance is fantastic with the taller rear, though that will all depends on your weight, luggage, pillion or not and suspension.

Gents,

Has anybody tried the new Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 front tire? Apparently it was just released late last year. Made exclusively for the cruiser market. I'm replacing my Bridgestone 701 and was torn between trying the Avon Cobra and this. Both priced the same here in Canada.

Will try the 140/75R 17 size.

Concerning the ABS, can you use a 140/75R 17 on the front and the 240/55R 16 on the rear with no issues?
What about ground clearance issues?

Thanks.

The tread pattern looks good for the rear tire but I ain’t digging that front tire tread pattern. Wonder why they’re different?
JMO I’d stick with the Avon or Mich comm II

Buying a new Bridgestone Exedra max 240/55R16 rear tire and am thinking of mating it up with an Avon Roadrider AM26 150/70-17 front tire. I know the Avon is a bias ply rear tire, but the Avon folks say running a bias ply up front is acceptable as is running a rear tire up front (as long as you reverse direction arrow). It is a 69V rated tire so should handle a higher load than the smaller Avon tires. I was thinking of this combo because smaller width 140 series tires look lost under the front fender. This tire retains the OEM width but reduces the diameter by 1.1 inch and maybe not look so small under the fender. Any of you tire experts thing this will safely work without setting off the ABS light? Plus Rocky Mountain selling them for $101.

Leatal just get the Cobra Tires. The handling improvement is awesome. They are only a few extra dollars at RMATV and well worth every penny.

ok need a new set soon,so going for the avon cobra,s ,ive been told by a few to smarten up the steering drop the hight of the front tire,or is it the width ???
any one done this here,will it make any difference ??
thanks.

I run the 240/55R16 Exedra Max rear and a 140/75R17 front.
The stock tires set the rear axle about a half inch lower than the front axle - WTF?
The Exedra Max levels the axles out and the 140 lowers the front axle about a half inch, which makes for a HUGE handling improvement.
Possible Rocket Roadster Tires.jpg

Gents,
Has anybody tried the new Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 front tire? Apparently it was just released late last year. Made exclusively for the cruiser market. I'm replacing my Bridgestone 701 and was torn between trying the Avon Cobra and this. Both priced the same here in Canada.
Will try the 140/75R 17 size.
Concerning the ABS, can you use a 140/75R 17 on the front and the 240/55R 16 on the rear with no issues?
What about ground clearance issues?
Thanks.

Just looked it up - no rear tire, but the front tire looks real interesting.
140/75 R17 67V looks to be the best fit for the Rocket-non touring. The "V" speed rating is super!
$140.00 at Rocky Mt. ATV:
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/.../750/71135/Bridgestone-Battlecruise-H50-Front

140/75 and 240/55 work fine with ABS. Anything outside that, like a 140/70, will likely trip an error.

Clearance is fantastic with the taller rear, though that will all depends on your weight, luggage, pillion or not and suspension.

Rob,
Pretty sure any of the 140 will work, even with the 240/55 rear.
Need to remain within a 6% circumference difference
I do know that a 130 will fault the ABS!
Comparison-of-R3R-Tire-Sizes.jpg

Back