Want to Buy Front discs for R3 Classic

Hmm considering the roadster axle goes in from the right side verses the 07 which the ae goes in from the left there is hound to be eomething different.

The bolt holes are different. Ill bring them to MV and we can figure it out. Tomorrow Ill try to fit the rim on the TwoTone

The bolt holes are different. Ill bring them to MV and we can figure it out. Tomorrow Ill try to fit the rim on the TwoTone
Ok look at the spacers they might be different since the axle goes in opposite on each. My be no but kn you picture of the disc one looks larger diameter then the other thro a tape measure on it and lete know if they are different.

I see a new Classifieds ad thread about to start. Should be an easy sale.
Shame about the brand new Michelin 150/70 ZR17 69W Road 5 you just fitted to the front:( Not really worth the dismount and remount fee to sell it bare. You should get most of it back from the knowledgeable here.;)

GREAT New Tire Report

Do you have the ABS sender disc and bolts still? Yes I saw you do. :thumbsup:

Just found out that this set of 2011 Roadster Discs DON'T fit the 2007 Classic rim :banghead:.

discs.jpg

Hopefully the front rim from a 2011 ABS Roadster fits the 2007 non ABS.

IMG_0312 (1).JPG
What that aluminum ring on the rotor where the axle goes thru something for the abs ring.

Last edited:
I see a new Classifieds ad thread about to start. Should be an easy sale.
Shame about the brand new Michelin 150/70 ZR17 69W Road 5 you just fitted to the front:( Not really worth the dismount and remount fee to sell it bare. You should get most of it back from the knowledgeable here.;)

GREAT New Tire Report

Do you have the ABS sender disc and bolts still? Yes I saw you do. :thumbsup:

Nope

I found a set of 2011 discs but the bolt pattern was totally off. Don't understand why. The rim with 955 slimmer discs I have with the tire...:thumbsdown: We'll see tomorrow. The discs and the rim look unused :(. At least the bike is not on fire :eek: Been doing poorly on HeBay lately. A rear rim for the Valkyrie had to be returned. Not my error tho. I was sent the wrong rim. A CT is going on that.

Scott, would a newer R3 with ABS spacer fix the problem or is it caca without a fix?

IMG_0312 (1).JPG IMG_0311.JPG

How about the whole bolt with both spacers?

axle.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Scott! Torque for the front axle bolt and pin locks? The last due that worked on the R3 tightened the front bolt soooo hard I can't break it open :banghead:

Hey Scott! Torque for the front axle bolt and pin locks? The last due that worked on the R3 tightened the front bolt soooo hard I can't break it open :banghead:

22 for the pinch bolts and 65 for the axle bolt. Now, what is the size of the axle Allen key? 18 or 19?

Back