Front Brake Pad Pinch Bolt

A lot of bikes have another , usually slotted locking cap , which winds in and locks the pin from undoing . It's strange triumph never adopted this method ? Brake pins are usually just seated , with the R clip a precaution to stop them coming out ! I have chrome caps on mine , so can tell instantly if they have moved !

Just a recommendation. Buy the pins from truimph. They come with cotter pins. Smear a small amount of anti seize around threads install to specs and be done with it. Next brake pad change will be easy.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Five minute job not counting the beer break.
Sonny I can change front and rear in five minutes and that includes a beer break:D

good morning:)
went to work on 1k9's brake caliper.
i will try to posts pics from my phone
put brake caliper in vice with a rag lightly taped in tool (D107 out of set posted earlier) into stripped pin took a torque wrench had a minimum setting of 36.2 Nm and it came loose easy (did not do the click)
checked the other 4 bolts with the small torque wrench took between 12 to 19 Nm to brake the bolts loose.
bolts on caliper (4) r 6 mm allen 1 tapered pin is 5 mm

The brake pad replacement on a Rocket is one of the easiest and simplest jobs i have seen in a long time. Problem is when you get someone replacing stuff and over tighten nuts and bolts or have never heard of anti seize it can become a issue the next time around. Stock from the factory my left side caliber (front) was way over torqued and the pin went south quickly. A few beers during the minor operation don't hurt.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

20190901_085427.jpg

Here are some pictures: @1K9 's caliper in for service. Below, tools (feast your eyes) for removing stripped bolts (left hand drills etc.)

20190901_084030.jpg

i can see that i need some practice

Back