PHATDAD

.060 Over
While riding to work at 0530 I caught a glimpse of an odd set of headlights in my rearview of my Rocket. Just as I was thinking "Hey! thats a Roc..." it passed me and the Rocketeer pointed to my R3 and gave me a thumbs up. The first thing I'll mention is that this was only the 2nd Rocket I have seen in Maine in 3 years. There are only 9 registered in the state.
Second, as he passed me (I was going 85) I read "Victory" on his jacket. If I didn't know what a Rocket was I might have thought he was on one of the older Victory tourers. I then realized that I was wearing my Harely jacket.
How will anyone know Triumph is back if we're all wearing our old jackets?
Perhaps Triumph should throw in a free jacket with each R3 sold retro-active to 2004. A little advertising can't hurt.

free or no, Triumph does leather as good as any, and better than most! great styles, awesome quality...
anywho, don't ye know, nothing worthwhile is free ;););) (i love mine!)
triumph jacket.jpg

be careful on that gravel......Rockets don't like gravel roads.

The problem with Triumph clothing, especially the leather ware is, it's European sized and the frigg'in zipper is on the wrong side.

I'll agree, the quality is top notch (just like the Panniers). I can fix the Panniers from sagging (with my Pannier/Liner Kit) but I can't fix the sagging rider in the Triumph leather jacket.:eek::kick:

Last edited:
free or no, Triumph does leather as good as any, and better than most! great styles, awesome quality...
anywho, don't ye know, nothing worthwhile is free ;););) (i love mine!)
I have an armored Triumph jacket TOO but I loaned it to a friend who rides a Hog and can't afford his own. BESIDES I AM TOO FAT TO FIT IT. :eek:

I have a closet full of coats, as I too like to wear a "Branded" coat or jacket. But I am at a loss as to what to do with the old Gold Wing, BMW,Suzuki, jackets. I wear them all including my triumph and a no name leather. I wear what fits the weather and my taste that day. Its a sad thing that some of the coats far out last the scoot.:eek:

I have a closet full of coats, as I too like to wear a "Branded" coat or jacket. But I am at a loss as to what to do with the old Gold Wing, BMW,Suzuki, jackets. I wear them all including my triumph and a no name leather. I wear what fits the weather and my taste that day. Its a sad thing that some of the coats far out last the scoot.:eek:

No mate, that's cool..... I think it gets sad when you have to seek out and buy all the kit in the same brand as your bike:cool:

Back