Found a good local brew

wilbur-t

Top Fuel
Well Hondax, I couldn't find any "Boulavard Wheat" around here, but the Carolina Beer Co. brews a seasonal called "Cottonwood American Wheat" that I discovered recently. I think I'll pick up some more tonight.:D

Get enough for all of us :D........ I'm not a big beer drinker anymore but I do believe that the Boulavard beers are from a local micro brewery. I would be surprised if you could find it outside the KC area, but you never know... Heck... I was brought up on stuff like Falstaff, Shlitz, PBR and the like.... all this cutesy stuff is too fancy for me. I remember that if you were to wash down some baked beans with Fallflat you were pretty much banned from any public area :eek:............ Blatz... St. Pauli Girl... All that is pretty much gone?? Maybe I'll have a few this weekend just to remember :D

cant wait to hear your critique

Very smooth and easy drinking, just a little bite, and no unpleasant aftertaste. [Hmmm....I sound like a comercial.]

This is a seasonal offering from this small brewery, so I guess I better drink up!:p

Cheers, Big ears!

Wilbur,

Great to hear you like the beer. I'll bet many wheat beers are pretty close to tasting the same, kind of like the diff between Bud, Busch, and Coors which are all light bodies barley beers. Heck, American wheat beers have mostly barley anyway with just enough wheat to give it that smoothness associated with wheat beer. German wheat beers are a different animal altogether as they are made mostly, if not entirely from wheat. Their uniqueness comes from a super creamy head along with yeast that flavors the beer with a clove or fruity flavor like peaches, lemons, etc. Talk about unique!

During our next class we'll delve into the relationship between Wort, spent yeast, and disgusting products called Marmite and Vegemite.

Thanks Hondax, I haven't had any Sam Adams in a long time, so I'll give it a try.

Since the Rocket is down for a while, I can catch up on my drinkin'!

[Not that I was very far behind!]:D

Back