breeze

Living Legend
Ride
07 classic/01legend/72 bonne
How many Rocket riders do you know or, are you one yourself that speak with a forked tongue?Think for a while on this before you continue reading.Now let me explain,out riding with a few friends the other day drinking coffee planning out days ride asked everyone "sound good ,good with the plan"EVERYONE agrees and says "I am in no hurry" "we got plenty of time" so off we go next thing I know we are running down the road at 95 up to 170 (they know who they are) miles per hour.replay when stop for lunch all say the same "plenty of time,in no hurry" 5 miles down the road same thing running wide f***ing open.Speak up time to fess up who are you ,I confess first.

I threaten to take it easy all the time but always fail at least a few times on a day ride. It is not about being rushed for time , it is all about the thrill of the powerful bike. We have discouraged riding partners with our "spirited" riding but I always encourage them to ride the way they want to and i will stop and wait for them.

BUT

That one day I had the ****z and sharted I was in a big hurry to get of the bottom of the hill.:banghead:

How many Rocket riders do you know or, are you one yourself that speak with a forked tongue?Think for a while on this before you continue reading.Now let me explain,out riding with a few friends the other day drinking coffee planning out days ride asked everyone "sound good ,good with the plan"EVERYONE agrees and says "I am in no hurry" "we got plenty of time" so off we go next thing I know we are running down the road at 95 up to 170 (they know who they are) miles per hour.replay when stop for lunch all say the same "plenty of time,in no hurry" 5 miles down the road same thing running wide f***ing open.Speak up time to fess up who are you ,I confess first.
I have to keep a clean driving record for work so not me lol

Not me sir, 65mph max.

1a8ldn.jpg

Not me sir, 65mph max.

1a8ldn.jpg
Back in the 1970's a friend of mine was driving a Ford GTHO (Ozzy car) at 90MPH (before KPH was introduced in OZ) in a 30MPH zone - in front of a school - for blind children - and given a $30 fine. The idiot decided to take it to court and challenge it rather than paying the fine because he was driving a high performance car and he believed that he was therefore driving safely at the time. The judge put him in Maitland gaol for three months.

I would never do anything illegal!

I try to do everything illegal, if possible.

Back in the 1970's a friend of mine was driving a Ford GTHO (Ozzy car) at 90MPH (before KPH was introduced in OZ) in a 30MPH zone - in front of a school - for blind children - and given a $30 fine. The idiot decided to take it to court and challenge it rather than paying the fine because he was driving a high performance car and he believed that he was therefore driving safely at the time. The judge put him in Maitland gaol for three months.

A friend of mine in high school was showing off with his Chevelle in front of the school, unfortunately a cop clocked him at 120 mph in a school zone, I forget how long they took his license (correct spelling), at least a year I think, he had to sell the car.

Back