when i was young i was in court and watched about 4 or 5 guys go to jail for violations in school zones left a real impression on me so i always do the correct thing in a school zone:)
other places i use those signs as a recommended speed:roll::roll::roll:

School zones are down to 15 mph around here, completely ridiculous speed, but it's "for the children", so you look like a jerk if you argue about it. :rolleyes:

I live down the street from a school and it is a madhouse from 7:45 to 8:05 than they lock it down untill 2:45. Don't understand why the 15 mph zone stays up all day. Once the gate is closed an adult must sign kid in at office.

I tend to ride towards the back of the group and spend a we bit of time playing catch up once I realized that 5 mins is up and it's all on.

Most of the guys up front have radar detectors so hopefully no-one gets busted for speeding

Here in Florida if you are caught going more than 30mph over the posted speed limit they can confiscate your bike.:( It discriminates as the law does not apply to cars. Surprised it hasn’t been challenged ...that I know of anyway. So Mr.Claviger and other triple digit riders be cool in the Sunshine State if you happen to visit.

Last edited:
Keaton Beach to Steinhatchee is 17 miles of oceanfront sweepers, mostly federal refuge, no houses, no cross streets I've run it in 9 minutes on the K1200 and 8:30 on the Blackbird. Traffic is usually minimal, but I was over taking a small white car at 120, and as I pulled out and twisted the throttle to pass, I saw Taylor County Sherrrif on the back, I debated a second, but you can't outrun the radio, thankfully it was the K1200, linked ABS power assist brakes, you'd have to experience it to understand how fast you can slow down on that bike. Followed behind it for the next 8 miles.

Back