That's good to know, first time I heard that.

Guess they felt it did discriminate and it has been amended to include cars. Wheelies can be cause for confiscation too for our wheelying members who visit!

“As of October 1st, anyone caught doing 30mph over the speed limit in Florida faces vehicle confiscation, five to ten years in prison and a ten-year license suspension. Bill HB 137, which was signed into law earlier today, was originally targeted at motorcyclists, but was amended at the last minute to include all vehicles.”

Here in Florida if you are caught going more than 30mph over the posted speed limit they can confiscate your bike.:( It discriminates as the law does not apply to cars. Surprised it hasn’t been challenged ...that I know of anyway. So Mr.Claviger and other triple digit riders be cool in the Sunshine State if you happen to visit.

No reason ill ever be there, thankfully.

My bike at best will do maybe 145 mph. That is with street cams, Ramair and viking three into one exhaust. It ain't really about the top end. When it is safe and know that the hazards such as deer and such are down i will flat get get and enjoy the rush. No traffic. Plus the few times i have gone this fast is when riding alone. The one time i rode this fast with company we had all agreed at the last stop that we would ride wide open. Very much a wide open rode and we all had fun. When we hit traffic the speed went down. The seasoned riders i rode with were on in compliance until we hit traffic. Then we all gave each other a nod and slowed down. No weekend warriors. Very seasoned riders that ride over 20,000 miles a year.

The problem with laws like that, it's a felony to get caught at XXX speed, do, the answer is....

Don't get caught.

It incentives running, and I'll tell you straight up, if a cop spotted me at 150+, they're never going to see me again. Have done it before, will probably have to again, just need to ensure youve got the fuel to run at plaid speed for 3-5 minutes, and then hide.

I should qualify that, I'll happily stop when one gets behind me going just a little over, the fines small and ... They have the plate on video lol.

Last edited:
Back