Fork Springs-Hagon vs Prog. Suspension

blastedbones said:
Progressives are a good spring, but make sure you get the HD ones!

I assume you mean the rear shocks...as were talking about fork springs,unless they make the Heavy Duty version of them as well, which will be very annoying as I have just placed an order for Prog Sus fork springs! :roll:

blastedbones said:

I bought the Progressives with the HD springs, I am thinking I should have gone with the standard springs, I still have them on the softest setting and they still appear to be a bit on the firm side, definately better that the OEM's though. Btw, I weigh around the 100kg (220lbs) mark, the HD's were the ones everyone recommended for that weight.

Peter

PjL52, they will get more compliant as they bed in. Do a few tho on them & they will feel better.Firm is good to start with, just whack the throttle hard on the exit of the bend! hehe You will feel it's better!

zimtuff said:
blastedbones said:

Whats the difference between the 440 ,412 430 etc?
Should I get the factory height?

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/pr ... odelID=505

If you want to go with Progressive as opposed to Hagon, 440's seem to have been the most popular historically. Regarding factory length:Having gone for longer springs on the hagons, I'd say the bigger the better!!! gives more ground clearance=better handling/faster cornering.AND safer!! for the rare occasion you misjudge a corner, or something happens that you HAVE to get the bike over harder... seen one of my mates run badly wide on corners a lot as his boards are grounding & he's go nowhere to go... while I can run up his inside :lol:

blastedbones said:
zimtuff said:
blastedbones said:

Whats the difference between the 440 ,412 430 etc?
Should I get the factory height?

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/pr ... odelID=505

If you want to go with Progressive as opposed to Hagon, 440's seem to have been the most popular historically. Regarding factory length:Having gone for longer springs on the hagons, I'd say the bigger the better!!! gives more ground clearance=better handling/faster cornering.AND safer!! for the rare occasion you misjudge a corner, or something happens that you HAVE to get the bike over harder... seen one of my mates run badly wide on corners a lot as his boards are grounding & he's go nowhere to go... while I can run up his inside :lol:

Im still not sure of the difference between 440 and 412,is it the spring rate?

How much longer spring should I get?
Im 6.2 so another inch over stock would suit me

Im getting them off a Harley dealer so he doesnt really know which is best

has any one tried the Gazzi shocks??:?: and I agree when I spoke to the guy at YSS the bull**** needle was boncing high:?
Cheers
Hans

Just a question: I would like to go with 440's HD, but with OEM length. What is it: 11.5" 12" 12.5" or 13"
Thanks in advance for the answer.

Back