Fork Springs-Hagon vs Prog. Suspension

I put in the Progressives. I doubt it matters much, since either is better than stock. Just make sure you get the correct amount of oil in the legs when you're done and all is better.

I've just received a pair of Hagon Nitros, but I'm really keen to find out if they've sent me wrongly built ones. They have sent their hardest springs at 35kg which they previously said they wouldn't use for someone my weight riding solo with no luggage. But now they are saying they had a change of mind. This seems unlikely and I'm trying to find out what force springs other average weight solo riders have had delivered .... before I fit them.
I know this isn't an exact answer to your post, but it has a bearing, as if you order Nitros you will need to secify what springs (... or maybe not :( )
Mike

mike5100 said:
I've just received a pair of Hagon Nitros, but I'm really keen to find out if they've sent me wrongly built ones. They have sent their hardest springs at 35kg which they previously said they wouldn't use for someone my weight riding solo with no luggage. But now they are saying they had a change of mind. This seems unlikely and I'm trying to find out what force springs other average weight solo riders have had delivered .... before I fit them.
I know this isn't an exact answer to your post, but it has a bearing, as if you order Nitros you will need to secify what springs (... or maybe not :( )
Mike

Mine say 35kg on the invoice.. For me they work brilliantly, But I'm like 240 lbs. They do take a few hundred miles to bed in tho, they do feel stiff initially, max rebound damping helps.. as they settle, progressively drop the rebound a click or 3 over the next 5k miles.

Hippo, if your running the original fork springs GET RID OF them!!!! order some progressive springs & run 10 wt. oil.
You can tell how soft the springs have become by sitting on the bike, holding the frount brake on & bouncing down hard on the bars. If the forks move much more than half way to max travel, they're stuffed & dangerous.
When I replaced mine, the difference in handling was amazing 8)

Back