classic blue

.020 Over
Probably been beat to death, but when switching to Progressive front springs is there any benefit to switching to a different brand/type/weight of fork oil? If it isn't something that can be measured by better handling I'll stick with what Triumph recommends. Thanks.

Probably been beat to death, but when switching to Progressive front springs is there any benefit to switching to a different brand/type/weight of fork oil? If it isn't something that can be measured by better handling I'll stick with what Triumph recommends. Thanks.

Personally I like stiffer forks with good damping ( soft forks will let you down badly if stressed). Heavier oil increases the damping, & can be useful. Try a 10Wt. first.

I tried heavier oil when I first fitted progressive springs, but went back. On the roads I ride I prefer the standard weight.

Kind of depends on the rebound weight. I usually ride about 225 on the bike.
If you're a big guy the 15 might be better. My local dealer (serviced my bikes for 8 years) recommended a 50/50 mix of 5w and 10w. Brands (mainstream) are all very similar and weight is a big difference between 5, 10 and 15.
It firmed up the dampening just enough to feel like a rebuild.
Some day when it seems right I'll send the forks to RACE-TECH in Corona and have them remake them.

When I changed my springs I put in 7 wt because so many on the Rocket boards said 10 wt was to stiff and 5 wt was too soft. I am very happy with the results with 7 wt.

Job is done, but could only manage a quick ride around the neighborhood(40mph winds and very cold). I do feel something different, but must ride for a while to determine if the change was truely good, bad, or just different.

Back