FOB WORKS FLAWLESSLY

I got the out of range error on my first ride a month ago, moved the key from my right fob pocket in my jeans to my left jacket pocket, no errors since. I power off the key when I throw it in the drawer…

This bike seems to have random warnings such as a Low battery warning while on the freeway at 75 mph for 30 miles. It has happened on two separate occasions 2 months apart. I had the grip warmers on high for maybe 6 to 7 minutes and I get the warning. I shut the warmers off for a minute then turned it back on at the high setting and no more warning. I checked the battery and the dealer checked it on the first service and all was good. Zero reason for a low battery warning. Random glitches?
that kind of problem I could live with, no inconvenience. Not my problem.

I keep the FOB in my left front pocket. Never have an issue with starting the bike (unless I forget to turn it on). Only rarely have a FOB out of range message while riding, but leaning my left leg outward some or adjusting the FOB in my left front pocket more towards the left side of the pocket fix it immediately.

I keep the FOB in my left front pocket. Never have an issue with starting the bike (unless I forget to turn it on). Only rarely have a FOB out of range message while riding, but leaning my left leg outward some or adjusting the FOB in my left front pocket more towards the left side of the pocket fix it immediately.

I keep mine zipped up in a jacket pocket when riding. Its ungainly size makes it uncomfortable to try to keep anywhere else on my person.

Even though the fob hasn't given me any troubles, I certainly would have preferred an old-fashioned key. This whole keyless thing seems distracting and unnecessary for a bike. I quickly grew accustomed it in my car, but I doubt that will ever be the case here. I'd much rather have a traditional key that goes into a traditional ignition switch. I guess the supposed advantage is security? It should have been an option, perhaps integrated with the optional alarm.

I have not had any problems. I never turn the FOB off unless I am putting the bike away for winter. I just leave it in my front pocket. Once in a great while when I am riding my bike I will get a key FOB out of range warning, I clear it and it doesn't come back. I figure my body is blocking the signal (key in front right, sensor in left rear), it happens once every 20 or so rides.

I keep mine zipped up in a jacket pocket when riding. Its ungainly size makes it uncomfortable to try to keep anywhere else on my person.

Even though the fob hasn't given me any troubles, I certainly would have preferred an old-fashioned key. This whole keyless thing seems distracting and unnecessary for a bike. I quickly grew accustomed it in my car, but I doubt that will ever be the case here. I'd much rather have a traditional key that goes into a traditional ignition switch. I guess the supposed advantage is security? It should have been an option, perhaps integrated with the optional alarm.
Comfortable in my jeans or shorts. Are your pants really tight?

When I saw so many posts on the fob I thought a key would be better, until I realized my problem was unique! Not one other person does the bike not recognize the fob occasionally and won't fire up without hitting fob again. I don't care about "out of range" or "low battery" on display for a few seconds.
Personally I love how easy it is when it works as intended, and all but mine are apparently. Get off bike, go into store, get on bike, hit the switch. What is more easy than that? A key?

Comfortable in my jeans or shorts. Are your pants really tight?

When I saw so many posts on the fob I thought a key would be better, until I realized my problem was unique! Not one other person does the bike not recognize the fob occasionally and won't fire up without hitting fob again. I don't care about "out of range" or "low battery" on display for a few seconds.
Personally I love how easy it is when it works as intended, and all but mine are apparently. Get off bike, go into store, get on bike, hit the switch. What is more easy than that? A key?
What do you mean by "hitting the Fob again". Forgive me if this seems a silly question (I don't intend to be facetious), but when you press the Fob, you press and hold until you see the signal turn green right?
Is it possible that you press and let go quickly before it turns green and when you hit again, you hold a little longer?

What do you mean by "hitting the Fob again". Forgive me if this seems a silly question (I don't intend to be facetious), but when you press the Fob, you press and hold until you see the signal turn green right?
Is it possible that you press and let go quickly before it turns green and when you hit again, you hold a little longer?
no, doing it correctly. I initially press and hold to turn green. fob shows green. bike does not fire up. I hit fob briefly so that it does NOT turn red. Then bike fires up.
Thinking bike on sensor faulty, but I have no knowledge of electronics. Maybe fob faulty.

Last edited:
Back