Ah.....The Northwest

Kipp..... Your Captain Status is officially approved and congrats on your choice of ride. What part of Idaho are you located? I worked up there for about 9 months and fell in love with that part of the country. Matter of fact I married a mountain woman from Butte, Montana but I wasn't manly enough for her and she went back to Missoula to be a Sheriff's deputy!

I worked in Twin Falls, Idaho Falls and Pocatello but always wanted to see Coeur d' Alene.

Welcome to the Forum Captain Kipp.
Rider size to bike weight ratio as well as the LARGE physical size of the R3 are excellent considerations. Although skinnies and light-weights, yeah you Rusty, fit an R3 equally well. There are near equal length sleds available but none with the beef of the beast and the girth of fat bottom girl. All so often I hear from passing strangers, "do you think have a big enough bike". I have to say, maginally :D
The one issue that is paramount to managing the beast is transitioning from slow motion directional steering to gyroscopic negative steering, and the transition is fairly quick with the fat bottom girl. If you've had experience on a heavy weight cruiser you're no doubt familiar. Otherwise this advise is for those considering a Rocket III. The second issue is to remember to hang-on :D And, the front brakes are your friend ;)

Nightrocket, yes the Rocket is from the Beaverton area.. I am just north of Couer d' Alene by about 15 miles. Still 3 feet of snow in my yard:(
But I would not live anywhere else. Thanks for the howdys from all of ya.. 9 days to go......:D
Kippnidaho

.. I am just north of Couer d' Alene by about 15 miles. Still 3 feet of snow in my yard:(
But I would not live anywhere else. Thanks for the howdys from all of ya.. 9 days to go......:D
Kippnidaho
I went through winter survival school up thar in your neck of the woods, Jan. '76. I wasn't until then aware how deep snow could pile up. Twas my first experience on snow shoes. :eek:

Back