FNG from the Big Easy Reporting Aboard

View media item 10889I went for the same deal a 2015 R3T a with 25 miles on it. It is still in the shop with wiring harness problems. For the 800 miles I got to ride were great but I took it to the shop because the left turn signal stopped working. That was 4+ weeks ago. Keep claiming the wiring harness on the bike does not match the repair manual.

I hope my problems are the exception and not the rule. Luckily the dealer I bought it from was so cheap on my trade in that I kept it and a good thing too. It's been my ride for the last month.

Just my experience, hope you do better. Good luck!

for what it is worth i have heard a lot of the guys say that the wiring on the signals is not polarity correct. in other words one might be wired one way while the others wired the opposite.
if this dia comes thru i broughed it from idk. the schmatics r on p626,p627
http://www.piano-person.com/r3docs/Service_Manual_R3S_C_T.pdf

That's a fact bout the signal wiring, since polarity doesn't matter on filament bulb, but when you switch to led's you find which ones were not polarity correct (is that like politically correct?)

That's a fact bout the signal wiring, since polarity doesn't matter on filament bulb, but when you switch to led's you find which ones were not polarity correct (is that like politically correct?)

Not just that if the connection is not good the light will come on but dim. I had that issue when I planted LED on the Valkie's runners. One side bright, the other dim. Check and tighten the contacts and viola bright on both sides.

View media item 10889I went for the same deal a 2015 R3T a with 25 miles on it. It is still in the shop with wiring harness problems. For the 800 miles I got to ride were great but I took it to the shop because the left turn signal stopped working. That was 4+ weeks ago. Keep claiming the wiring harness on the bike does not match the repair manual.

I hope my problems are the exception and not the rule. Luckily the dealer I bought it from was so cheap on my trade in that I kept it and a good thing too. It's been my ride for the last month.

Just my experience, hope you do better. Good luck!

Probably just a burnt out bulb, but they are going to re wire your bike cause they like you!

create.gif

Hello parallel and welcome from Virginia. Not sure why you picked parallel as your nom de guerre, but so you know, this is one of the hardest words for me to spell!
Good luck with the new bike!

Back