Want to Buy Flyscreen with White stripes 2014 Roadster

Thanks, Ish!
I tried but the seller does not ship to America!
On the hunt for another stateside.

Thanks, Ish!
I tried but the seller does not ship to America!
On the hunt for another stateside.

Yes he will, he has the eBay site as posted but also his own website Welcome to Rocke's Patches - Rocke's Patches that sells the same stuff though not all listings are on both at the same time.

I bought some eBay items and his website items and he combined them all in one parcel to save freight and chucked in nearly GBP 100 worth of freebies :confused:o_O:D:notworthy:

You may not be as popular or lucky as me but he may give you a sticker or two too! ;):D

He has sold and delivered items to a number of R3Owners forum members including @EasTexRIII

Contact him directly davidx90@hotmail.co.uk or use a PM I think he is a member here too!

Great bloke David Gill. He runs a few Facebook sites as well.
Triumph rocket 3 modifications

@Mittzy
So I have learned that the "summer screen" is just a cut-down regular screen, correct?
Guess I now prefer the Fly. Does anyone make a little taller Fly Screen?
I have the MRA screen.
RACING-SCREEN FOR NAKED BIKE - Racing-Screen for Naked-Bikes "RNB" all years | NakedBike-Screens | Universal screens | MRA Shop

IMHO it looks better than the fly and cheaper and a bit more adjustable etc.
DSCN1887.JPG
P1000710.JPG

Kinda wish to utilize the OEM fixing kit so I can easily swap back and forth.
Also would prefer a better fit around the headlights for less air leak.
Do like the solid into smoke of your shield.

Kinda wish to utilize the OEM fixing kit so I can easily swap back and forth.
Also would prefer a better fit around the headlights for less air leak.
Do like the solid into smoke of your shield.
I do like the smoked/solid look.
Also I have a set of fork clamps that i just install when i want the bigger screen - i powder coated them black too.

ISH, @Ishrub
Think I finally understand now.
There are three Roadster shields:
The full size Screen #A9748036
The Fly Screen #A9748045
The Sport Screen #A9748048
All three use the same Fixing Kit #A9738051

Last edited:
Ok, so I am 6'2". I have an extra tall full size screen that I use in the cold months.
I would really like to put a fly screen on my bike in the summer, but does the fly screen really serve to keep the wind off my face (it's really my eyes that I am concerned with)?
My worry is that the fly screen will do nothing more than help direct wind into my face.

Ok, so I am 6'2". I have an extra tall full size screen that I use in the cold months.
I would really like to put a fly screen on my bike in the summer, but does the fly screen really serve to keep the wind off my face (it's really my eyes that I am concerned with)?
My worry is that the fly screen will do nothing more than help direct wind into my face.
You are correct - virtually no chance it will deflect OVER your head unless you crouch down on the tank. It does take the air off your cheat though and MAY give a smoother airflow over your head.

The aftermarket David Gill XL Flyscreen version is quite a bit longer (same as OEM Classic screen height of 20" from centre headlight tip to top) and a little wider (2"-3" more at top than the OEM Flyscreen) but would also battle to keep air off your face at 6'2" just like the Classic screen does without an aftermarket aerofoil lip or re-curve added (as Clearview offer). He also has a modified custom angled set of brackets that mount the XL or any stock Flyscreen far more upright. I cannot say this will push air over your head though as I only had it on for a very short time while riding around town before I put my full size one on for a 3600km trip recently. To be honest the XL Flyscreen with the custom upright brackets is a little ugly in my opinion and when I re-mount it I will either use his stock angled black brackets or the chrome OEM Flyscreen brackets.

You can probably buy it cheaper through his own website see Post#32 above than from the eBay listing in the link below.

The only intermediate size screen between Fly and the Full size options I know of that uses the factory mounts is an after market XL Flyscreen from David Gill's Rockes Patches - I have one and it is huge in comparison. It uses the same basic mould and shape just longer and slightly wider up top.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp fly screen XL | eBay

upload_2017-5-10_18-15-46.png

Last edited:
ISH, @Ishrub
Think I finally understand now.
There are three Roadster shields:
The full size Screen #A9748036
The Fly Screen #A9748045
The Sport Screen #A9748048
All three use the same Fixing Kit #A9738051

Yes, but you can add to that list David Gill's two different black powder-coated Fly Screen mounting brackets that bolt directly to the OEM Fixing Kit too. One version provides same position as the OEM chrome Flyscreen brackets while the second black powder-coated Fly Screen mounting bracket version brings it forward and much more upright. You can then use an OEM Flyscreen or David GIL's XL Flyscreen on either version of his Flyscreen brackets.

Back