Flat mirror

Same mirrors installed on mine HeR3tic. I too am not real fond of the flat mirrors either. However, after leaving them on for a few more rides, I'm getting more comfortable with them. They do not give the same perspective as the convex sufaced mirrors that I've had for many years. They are really hard to dial in. When you think you've got them set, you still want to see a little more this way, or that way. Just not enough field of view to give you that "comfortable" feeling you are seeing enough behind you.

I may need to swap mine out too. Lots of $$$ thrown away though.

Same mirrors installed on mine HeR3tic. I too am not real fond of the flat mirrors either. However, after leaving them on for a few more rides, I'm getting more comfortable with them. They do not give the same perspective as the convex sufaced mirrors that I've had for many years. They are really hard to dial in. When you think you've got them set, you still want to see a little more this way, or that way. Just not enough field of view to give you that "comfortable" feeling you are seeing enough behind you.

I may need to swap mine out too. Lots of $$$ thrown away though.

Just a thought ... before you toss them, see if a shop that does glass products can change the type of mirror material ... or maybe a small convex blind spot mirror added to the flat surface would work without distracting from the looks too much ...

Chuck

Witness - I'm going to try the blind spot mirror option first. Have had a couple, different angled minis, in my pocket since the day before I picked up my new bike. They are too big and ugly on the stock mirrors so I hadn't gone there. I'll certainly look into the replacement glass option as well. Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

Rusty - you are quite right on the "dialing in" of the flat mirrors. I have the flat on the right side only.

Last edited:
Just installed a pair of Kuryakin Magnums. The flat mirror sucks:(

I thought I'd get a wide and close for the right side. I'm going to have to swap it out.

Agree. I originally bought the flat Magnums but wound up replacing them with the convex ones.

Back