Fitting hazard warning lights to my Trike

Chariot

.040 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket 3 R modified trike to take wheelchair
At my first MOT last Sep, I discovered I needed hazard warning lights fitted in case of breakdown. I think most bikes now have them fitted as standard. Certainly my friends Honda does. It makes sense that a big Trike should have them fitted. I have bought some parts and found a few wiring diagrams but as yet not fitted. Has anyone out there done this job? I found a few useful videos on YouTube, mostly from the Far East and for small bikes.
<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="Highway Star from Studio 27 Productions on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a very easy mod. I have my turn signal lights setup to an independent toggle switch to make them 4-way hazard flshers. There is a thread on here somewhere on how to do the mod. Let me try and find it....

In case I can't find the thread:
4-way Mod02182021.jpg

We're not too bad. Last couple off days it's been ice. No fun with the streets and the trees breaking off limbs though!

We're not too bad. Last couple off days it's been ice. No fun with the streets and the trees breaking off limbs though!
Just had a real nice mechanic here fitting the standard silencers back on my Trike, have got him lined up to do my clutch in a few weeks. He tells me on the 2016 model, underneath the starter button there is a blanked off button. All he has to do is fit a button, plug in his computer and he can programme that button to operate the hazards lights. Sounds good to me! Anyone heard of this? mind you the laptop is 3,500 g :oops:

I filled that blank spot on mine with an OEM switch for my aux lights.

At my first MOT last Sep, I discovered I needed hazard warning lights fitted in case of breakdown. I think most bikes now have them fitted as standard. Certainly my friends Honda does. It makes sense that a big Trike should have them fitted. I have bought some parts and found a few wiring diagrams but as yet not fitted. Has anyone out there done this job? I found a few useful videos on YouTube, mostly from the Far East and for small bikes.
<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="Highway Star from Studio 27 Productions on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
you dont need hazard lights for the MOT as they where not required standard when SVA test was done for the trike , only if they are fitted they should be operational. Your MOT tester is in the wrong.

you dont need hazard lights for the MOT as they where not required standard when SVA test was done for the trike , only if they are fitted they should be operational. Your MOT tester is in the wrong.
Hi, apparently it depends on the weight of the trike. Normal trikes are CAT 3, mine is CAT 4. The tester has been MOTing trikes for years and certainly seemed to know the regulations :rolleyes::)

Back