Fitting 4" lights into 4.5" driving light bucket

alexwasserman

.060 Over
Ride
R3T 2008, Trophy 1200 1995
Hey guys,

I ordered a knock-off Chinese set of Jeep lights - 2 7" LEDs, with 2 4" side lights. Gives me a regular headlight, with a spare and 2 lights for the fog/driving lights. Somewhere on here someone posted either these lights, or similar ones.

However, I forgot/missed that the side lights on the bike at 4", and the bike needs 4.5" lights.

Any ideas on how to fit them?

Looks like I need something like rubber flange that 4" ID and 4.5" OD, roughly, to pad the space, but I'm open to ideas.

If it all fails I can actually just mount the lights directly, and remove the buckets, but I'd like to keep them if I can.

stop by a truck parts shop and look at the rubber grommets that hold the lights into the back of a semi-trailer or utility trailer.....got lucky putting a light in my kids moped years ago like this. Good Luck

stop by a truck parts shop and look at the rubber grommets that hold the lights into the back of a semi-trailer or utility trailer.....got lucky putting a light in my kids moped years ago like this. Good Luck

Nice idea - will give it a go.

Genius - took me 3 mins to find what looks like I need: Grommet Mounts | Truck-Lite

This is perfect:
  • Flush mounts 4" diameter lamps in a 4 1/2" hole.

Back