First few hundred miles

Phalanx

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Tour
~650 miles so far and I'm loving it.

I know, it isn't thousands yet, but man.....I could ride this bike 'till the sun burns out and never get off the **** thing!!

Had it's first service over the weekend and even though it was 90+ (farenheit) outside, rode around for a couple hours anyway afterwards.

It's been a few years since I've been able to ride and It just feels like drivers have gotten worse in general. I've had 3-4 "non-head-checking oblivious and texting", kind of people almost merge onto me already....I mean, this bike is big and shiny and it's not like I'm hiding in their blind spot.

I did have a good laugh though...The stock horn on these? it has GOT to go, it sounds like a slightly angry prius or something! No scratch that, I think a prius horn is louder.

Well done. I know just how you feel and it also confirms what everyone else says.
As you say it's not small bike but people seem to need that extra bit of caution or wide berth.

Glad you are enjoying your new Rocket, I certainly am enjoyin' mine!

The horn on my past 2012 Goldwing was the only horn on 79 bikes total that was worth a hill of beans. It would wake the dead. I understand it is the same horn as is on the Honda Accord.

How do you like that effortless power??

Sam

Glad you are enjoying your new Rocket, I certainly am enjoyin' mine!

The horn on my past 2012 Goldwing was the only horn on 79 bikes total that was worth a hill of beans. It would wake the dead. I understand it is the same horn as is on the Honda Accord.

How do you like that effortless power??

Sam

Well, it's hard to get off the thing at any destination...work..home...food...If this rocket ran on nuclear power I'd wear the tires out and need a pit crew to hot-change them at various intervals so I could keep riding without having to ever get outta the saddle!

The stock horn on these? it has GOT to go, it sounds like a slightly angry prius or something!

A horn will go where the stock horn is. All you need is a piece of hose to run to the rear of the horn for the air intake. I have had mine mounted for nearly 3 years now without any issues. You will need to put in a relay to make it work properly. They say they should be mounted vertically but I have had no issues with it mounted horizontal. If it quits it is cheap enough to get another to replace it with. It even uses the same mounting bracket as the stock one.

bob

@Phalanx You brought back sweet memories; I remember the first three days I had the bike too. That 650 miles goes by so quick. I will tell you that the same feeling is there at 30K miles. And if you ask @idk I bet he will say the same at 125K miles (or more).

@Porky are you telling us you have had 79 bikes? And I thought I was being selfish with my past 28 rides over 35 years. I was asked when I bought the R3 how many and it took me over an hour to tally them up. Then again, I'm not organized that way...:)

Selfish? Hardly, as I donate all of my barely used bikes to poor, impoverished, third world nations:) OH wait, that's the United States right now but with the Administrations policy of income distribution from those that work to those that don't, pretty soon everyone will be able to have a new R3r for their very own, to go with their Obummer phone, with unlimited minutes, food stamp credit card, cradle to grave care, citizenship on demand, subsidized housing etc, in the Proletariat's Nirvana!

All the above is just levity.

Yes, the R3r is 79 but I'm sure there will be many more, after all, I'm only 68 years old!!!!!!

Sam:)

Thanks for that pic Bob, I had looked at a few horns but seeing that Stebel fits right in, I'll get one on order.

@Boog, man, I feel like a kid with his first dirt bike again. Every day on it is better than the last and that is just what the Doc ordered!

@Porky, careful, the thought police may be listening in (your "levity" sounds like a rant I get on more often now than in previous years).

Back