Finally bought a Rocket. She's still at the dealership but I'll fly up and get her soon!

I bought my 13 Touring from them new. Great couple of ladies that own and run the dealership. My Rocket moved with me to Pahrump, NV a couple of years ago. I miss riding in the Inland Northwest.

bob
I’ve taken aride up there but Henderson NV is the closest I’ve lived to WA. Do the drive from there to PHX will be fun. I might try to do another trip up through the PNW and fish the PCH around late Aug or early Sept. if I can get the time off. I want to see more of that area.

The BrakeAway are made over near Portland, so the shipping to Spokane is pretty quick. Empire is a good dealership to work with.
Ordered the BrakeAway and they are shipping to Empire. I picked up the flipmaster as well.

The previous owner brought it in for new tires and service and ended up buying a new bike so the Rocket should be ready for her first real road trip (I’m assuming a 2015 with 7k miles has never taken a long ride).

Ordered the BrakeAway and they are shipping to Empire. I picked up the flipmaster as well.

The previous owner brought it in for new tires and service and ended up buying a new bike so the Rocket should be ready for her first real road trip (I’m assuming a 2015 with 7k miles has never taken a long ride).
I don't think you'll be disappointed in the BrakeAway. How soon will you be coming to pick it up? What is your route home?

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the BrakeAway. How soon will you be coming to pick it up? What is your route home?
Unsure. I was thinking Trust I’d fly in Thursday, pick her up Friday and head home but work might push that back one week.

If this week, then I’ll go down to Lake Tahoe and meet a buddy who have ridden up from PHX and we will come down crossing over Yosemite and then popping out the bottom via Sequoyah National Forest and then on to PHX.

If the following weekend I’ll probably come down through Utah.

IMG_0441.JPG
The wrist rest helps. The BrakeAway works. Worth the extra $$ and the installation hassle.
I went with your solution. Had the BrakeAway shipped to Empire Cycle (the dealer). Picked the Rocket up yesterday in Spokane (in gawd awful rain) and they already had the Throttle lock installed. I brought the flip thingy and added it. I only made it Grangerville last night then Twin Falls today. The rain and the valley traffic made for a slow day but the bike is amazing and the combo of those two items has been more than sufficient to keep my hands from going numb.

Can't thank you enough for the recommendation!

I've picked up my beautiful girl and am driving her back to Phoenix. The weather has been **** so far. Rain from Spokane to Grangerville day 1 (took a while to get out of Spokane) and cold and rainy from Grangerville to Twin Falls today. The weather changed my route but now the desert is not so hot so I'm heading south from here. I should get to Vegas tomorrow and on to Phoenix Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations on throttle solutions. I went with the BrakeAway and the Flip thingy combo and it's working great. Had the BrakeAway shipped to the dealer and they installed for free so I managed to dodge the installation frustration everyone mentions.

So far I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Back