Finally bit the bullet

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
After 11 years of faithful service I'm finally going to replace my Yuasa battery. I ordered a Yuasa YTX20HL-BS. It originally had a YTX20L-BS. Thought I'd try the "H" model as it has 40 more CCA. $83.00 on Amazon with free shipping. The old battery is still doing the job but I figure it's days are numbered. It goes against my Scottish heritage to replace something that still works :(

When I replaced my original about a year ago I chose the same battery. The old one was still starting the bike but I was surprised how fast the new one spun the motor and how how quick it now fires up. I guess the old battery was tired and likely was working the starter motor too hard.

Couple of years in on my Shorai Lithium-Iron and so far so good.

After 11 years of faithful service I'm finally going to replace my Yuasa battery. I ordered a Yuasa YTX20HL-BS. It originally had a YTX20L-BS. Thought I'd try the "H" model as it has 40 more CCA. $83.00 on Amazon with free shipping. The old battery is still doing the job but I figure it's days are numbered. It goes against my Scottish heritage to replace something that still works :(

You have to be Crazy! 11 years?? OMG...3 years tops for me and then it's gone. If I ever make it to Spring Lake I'm going to have to look you up. I want to see how you ride that Rocket with a straight jacket on.

You have to be Crazy! 11 years?? OMG...3 years tops for me and then it's gone. If I ever make it to Spring Lake I'm going to have to look you up. I want to see how you ride that Rocket with a straight jacket on.

That's amazing... in my whole life I've never seen a battery last 11 years in any kind of vehicles. That battery should go to the Smithsonian institute

Back