Finally at last, Done!

Not to be the negative one, but too much torque on twisty roads might be a little dangerous. Be careful when leaned over not to give her too much power for the rear tire to handle.
BTW congratulations on the outcome, those are impressive numbers. :thumbsup:
I don’t see negativity so no worries. I see intelligent concern for a buddy. I’ve been careful with my Rocket in the corner exit or mid corner power application since I bought it. After the stage one with tune I saw good torque gains and saw plenty of potential for a low side slide out. I’m not a greenie on bikes being brought up in the dirt well familiar with traction loss in a corner with to much throttle. We’re good mate.

Hey Doc, this sounds like what I'm looking for. Might be getting to work soon on the 07 motor. Did you have that suspension in Stearns? I thought it was pretty smooth then. I would take Nevs advice on the clutch. Get the one @warp9.9 uses. They work. He knows what works and what doesn't. Don't ask him how he knows
No I did not have the suspension in Stearns, this whole bike is new and ready. I thought I was going to get a softer cushy ride with the new legs but I did not get that. It is just easier to corner and more stable under all conditions.

I will chime in here, although I have been reluctant to, knowing that DD was using Paul's header I worked out a much different exhaust cam and cam setting, to help cope with the smaller header/secondary pipe. Normally this combination of pistons /cams will do 200hp with one of many larger exhausts, I have been selling these parts for over ten years. NO OTHER CHANGES to the stock engine, apart from a heavy duty clutch. These parts are made to work as described. So I would say the different exhaust cam has helped a lot. 165 torques is not too much, I have low skill, and have ridden Rockets with over 220 Torques, one just has to think before pulling the trigger. If you manage to do an accidental wheelstand at 210 km/h,on a rocket which happened to me once, you will have a learning experience which stays with you. They are a big bike for a skinny guy like me to wrestle.
I’m glad you joined in mate. I asked for a good service from you stipulating what my goals were and you gave it in spades. You gave me a great result and even better than expected. I’m thrilled. To much torque? I’m not sure what that is if you have a throttle. It ain’t no toggle switch on the right hand.:rolleyes:

Torque is not controlled by the motor it is controlled and measured out by the right hand connected to a working brain.:) Accidental wheel stand? I hope every wheelie I do is planned.;) Bikes with this amount of power need respect.

Thanks mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One more word on the pipe selection. I was set on a Carpenter pipe but I could not get over the look of the blueing metal and the abundance of those springs. Drag racing is not the primary use of the bike and I liked what I saw in Stearns on Mully’s bike. Warp was a guiding factor in formulating my choices for build. I learned a lot at the last RAA and put all of that knowledge to use. You guys are the best.

I’m glad you joined in mate. I asked for a good service from you stipulating what my goals were and you gave it in spades. You gave me a great result and even better than expected. I’m thrilled. To much torque? I’m not sure what that is if you have a throttle. It ain’t no toggle switch on the right hand.:rolleyes:

Torque is not controlled by the motor it is controlled and measured out by the right hand connected to a working brain.:) Accidental wheel stand? I hope every wheelie I do is planned.;) Bikes with this amount of power need respect.

Thanks mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Oh Hel$ am in trouble. "right hand connected to a working brain" Missing half a finger on the right hand and totally missing the working brain part.

I got 175 at the wheel with a stock Roadster exhaust.
Carpenter 240 internals, triple K&N 2780s intake.

Ok but could you tell me the object of doing a build that way?

Just to see what kind of power could be achieved with a bone stock looking & sounding bike.

Also the exhaust was going to be a porject on its own (i made my own, first time etc) as i wasn't just bolting on someone else's, and i didn't have the time for it at the time i did the engine work :)

Back