Final version of my plate relocator

very nicely done, looks way better then stock not sure why Triumph didn't do this.
Now I would think this will solve the problem people are saying about mud splashing them this should help and looks far cleaner now you can see that nice fat tire.

Nice!
Personally i plan to use the stock fender/mudguard, perhaps reinforced with a modified MX fender brace, to get the plate beyond the "highest point" of the tyre and a bit more vertical, like the German jobbie.
skarmstag-retro-aluminium-gra-001-4152.jpg

Rear fender mod-final.jpg

This is taking a long time to get right but I'm happy now. I'm working with the admin here to become a sponsor and as soon as he turns on that feature again we be able to promote and support this board.
Here's a sneak peak of what's to come.

Looks great Lamonster. Will this work with the Triumph luggage racks fitted?
thanks in advance

Nice!
Personally i plan to use the stock fender/mudguard, perhaps reinforced with a modified MX fender brace, to get the plate beyond the "highest point" of the tyre and a bit more vertical, like the German jobbie.

Nice!

that plate looks as big as a road sign

It's a standard German number plate - in fact, it's already a smaller version, because based on the few letters / numbers they allow a width of 180 mm.

If you have more letters / numbers it will be wider. The lengths is standard...

@Larry_M

Where did you get that photo? This is awsome!

@Lamonster :

Please do not see this as an insult - your solution would create a sudden death by the Police here in Germany. The maximum allowed angle her is 45° - and yours look more like 85°... :eek:;)

Last edited:
It's a standard German number plate - in fact, it's already a smaller version, because based on the few letters / numbers they allow a width of 180 mm.

If you have more letters / numbers it will be wider. The lengths is standard...

@Larry_M

Where did you get that photo? This is awsome!
A guy posted his conversion in the Facebook group "Triumph Rocket 3 R/GT & TFC Owners & Fans Group"
Swedish plates are 6,7" wide, 5,9" high so pretty far from road signs : )
Lamonster's solution, neat as it is is of no use here unfortunately as the plate must be clearly readable (from behind, not above ; ) )
Also, i'd want the edge of the plate past the rear axle to avoid the risk of contact between tyre and plate.

This is taking a long time to get right but I'm happy now. I'm working with the admin here to become a sponsor and as soon as he turns on that feature again we be able to promote and support this board.
Here's a sneak peak of what's to come.
are you guys looking to make this available as a kit? let me know, i would sign up for this.

Back