Final drive spline.

i did not know that there was a small and a large
the one i have is off a 2011 roadster.
i have not done anything with this one as it has a lot of end play (bearings bad) but the collar (splines look good.)
From what I understand theres 3 different ones. One small and 2 large, Roadster with an 87 degree cut, and Touring with a 90 degree cut.

Now a new question.... is the driveshaft LENGTH the same on classic and roadster? Can I take a roadster driveshaft and final drive and put it on a 07 classic/tourer?

From what I understand theres 3 different ones. One small and 2 large, Roadster with an 87 degree cut, and Touring with a 90 degree cut.

Now a new question.... is the driveshaft LENGTH the same on classic and roadster? Can I take a roadster driveshaft and final drive and put it on a 07 classic/tourer?

I was talking about just changing the colar with the splines.
On the final drive there is a silver and a black and then the different touring
I would guess that the roadster diff and shaft would work.

I just wanted to be sure to get updates. That there is some stripped splines for sure. I'll bet it made a heck of a noise! Why oh why did Triumph make so many little, sorta insignificant changes to designs of some things, while ignoring other things that need changing? Oh well.

I just wanted to be sure to get updates. That there is some stripped splines for sure. I'll bet it made a heck of a noise! Why oh why did Triumph make so many little, sorta insignificant changes to designs of some things, while ignoring other things that need changing? Oh well.
i think they would work from 2004 to 2019 thats a lota of coverage. smaller rear tire on touring so still a lot of coverage.

Back