Final drive spline.

boogerdave

Nitrous
I've been away from the forum for a while but I'm wondering if anyone has ever come up with a fix for the final drive splines? Or is it still just try to scare one up on ebay?

Does it press off the drive?

I've been away from the forum for a while but I'm wondering if anyone has ever come up with a fix for the final drive splines? Or is it still just try to scare one up on ebay?

been a while how u doing.
yes it will press off but it has to come apart to press it back on.
do u have regular or touring and what year?
how bad is yours? pics
i might be able to help.

been a while how u doing.
yes it will press off but it has to come apart to press it back on.
do u have regular or touring and what year?
how bad is yours? pics
i might be able to help.
Its a 2007 tourer....(classic) It has the smaller splines. Evidently it didnt like the new Carpenter head. Ill get some pics and post.

Its a 2007 tourer....(classic) It has the smaller splines. Evidently it didnt like the new Carpenter head. Ill get some pics and post.

Attachments

• 20201210_170254.jpg
    20201210_170254.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 33
  • 20201210_170307.jpg
    20201210_170307.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 34
look like u got all the good out of that one
going to need a shaft .
can u check the end play in that unit. see if the spline coupler on the final drive have side play or front to back play. if u can fell the play then the bearings r bad.
i have a good collar on a final drive
will need to research to c which one it is..

do you know the service history of the diff and shaft and output splines? How much hp ? thanks

look like u got all the good out of that one
going to need a shaft .
can u check the end play in that unit. see if the spline coupler on the final drive have side play or front to back play. if u can fell the play then the bearings r bad.
i have a good collar on a final drive
will need to research to c which one it is..
I have a new shaft.

i did not know that there was a small and a large
the one i have is off a 2011 roadster.
i have not done anything with this one as it has a lot of end play (bearings bad) but the collar (splines look good.)

Back