Favor please: bad vibration rear - 2020 R3R

Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
I’m having a bad vibration problem with my 2020 R3r. Could someone who owns one 2020 or newer please check n see if their rear rim has balancing weights attached on it. Mine has none. Would greatly appreciate it 🙂

Hi m8,

I definitely have some on my back rim, don´t know how much now, but can take a look when I´ll be in my garage if you want :)
Having trouble with my 2021 R3R too, have the bike for roughly a month and there´s quite a lot of issues, front end vibrations (probably bad tire I guess), indicator issue (the common one, even after 3 software updates...) and also a tinkling sound coming from the exhaust part of bike while engine braking (seems like a stainless steel plating hitting the dark part of the exhaust, still hope from a fix at the dealer).

Last edited:
Hi m8,

I definitely have some on my back rim, don´t know how much now, but can take a look when I´ll be in my garage if you want :)
Having trouble with my 2021 R3R too, have the bike for roughly a month and there´s quite a lot of issues, front end vibrations (probably bad tire I guess), indicator issue (the common one, even after 3 software updates...) and also a tinkling sound coming from the exhaust part of bike while engine braking (seems like a stainless steel plating hitting the dark part of the exhaust, still hope from a fix at the dealer).
That cover plate over the black exhaust ends was loose on mine too. Try tightening the screw holding it on. Thx for your input Bud.

That cover plate over the black exhaust ends was loose on mine too. Try tightening the screw holding it on. Thx for your input Bud.
It was tightened by the dealer as soon as I mentioned it, but it seems like its bent too much on the upper end, so it touches the black part of the exhaust, which is the problem I guess. Anyway, thanks for advice, I'm curious how they'll solve this 😁

It was tightened by the dealer as soon as I mentioned it, but it seems like its bent too much on the upper end, so it touches the black part of the exhaust, which is the problem I guess. Anyway, thanks for advice, I'm curious how they'll solve this 😁
They’ll just bend it back into shape, or replace it. It’s a cheap piece(for them) that’s easily removed and replaced. Mine wasn’t put on properly either, so I just loosened off the screw, moved it into its proper place, n tightened the screw back up. I wouldn’t take your whole bike to the dealership for that. It’ll be there for hours until they get around to it.

They’ll just bend it back into shape, or replace it. It’s a cheap piece(for them) that’s easily removed and replaced. Mine wasn’t put on properly either, so I just loosened off the screw, moved it into its proper place, n tightened the screw back up. I wouldn’t take your whole bike to the dealership for that. It’ll be there for hours until they get around to it.
Well, they'll be performing other tasks on it anyway (trying to solve other problems as well), so I have no problem bringing the bike there, it's only 8 kilometres between my garage and them, so not any trouble at all 😊

Well, they'll be performing other tasks on it anyway (trying to solve other problems as well), so I have no problem bringing the bike there, it's only 8 kilometres between my garage and them, so not any trouble at all 😊
You’re lucky. My ride to Triumph is a hellish 35 kilom ride in traffic gridlock 🙄. And that’s if it’s sunny n warm. I don’t do rain 😏

there are small saddles under there that receive a tongue to hold things in place...they have rubber in them to stop that noise. Sounds like a rubber is missing.

Back