Factory TFC Carbon style

qweesy777

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket III TFC #687
Can someone help me confirm what type of carbon is the factory style weave is it Plain or Twill? I want to double-verify with you guys before I make an order.

Pretty sure it's twill... While I don't have one, the pics I've seen online show carbon with the twill pattern I have on my CarbonFBR parts:

twill.jpg

20220804_010713243_iOS.jpg

Cool thank you, it does look like twill, I'm seeing both options when buying from different places, want everything to match.

Plain:
plain carbon fiber weave ducati motovation

While there certainly is nothing "plain" about carbon fiber motorcycle accessories, this 1x1 checkerboard weave type is referred to as "plain weave". Plain weave fabric is the second most commonly used of all carbon fiber patterns. The plain weave creates a grid-like pattern. Plain weave is a slightly tighter weave pattern than twill. Plain weave has a smaller and tighter-looking pattern and is generally more subtle in appearance. You really have to get up close to notice a plain weave. Structurally, there is a marginal difference between plain vs twill.

Twill:
twill carbon fiber weave bmw yamaha kawasaki motovation

Sometimes referred to as 2x2 weave, the twill weave is actually the most common weave type for carbon fiber parts. This pattern goes over two intersecting warps and then under two (hence 2/2) to create a woven fabric with a diagonal pattern to it.

Back