Extended factory warranty...

pica

cheeky boy ぴか
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Hi guys
got the email today... my factory warranty expires in 5 days... never used it...

And this are the options my local dealer is offering...

... this are the options for the extended warranty:

12 Months $580
24 Months $720
36 Months $866

With $0 deductible and unlimited miles.

This warranty cover as the same factory warranty and you can use in any Triumph Dealer...

What are your thoughts on it?

When I purchased my R3T new in '14, I added the 36 month extended warranty for about $1K. Honestly, I never used it. That said, it depends on your financial resources. Back in '16 the hourly rate to work on my bike was $125 per hour (I haven't checked on the rates these days). Assuming it's $150-$175 an hour now, you would burn through your $866 investment in about 6 hours at the shop (not including parts). Personally, I believe it's worth it... with the hope it is a waste of money because nothing ever breaks... but, it does ease one's mind.
-MIG

I guess the piece of mind includes some free wallet lighting... I hear you guys... I'll get it. Thank you

I guess the piece of mind includes some free wallet lighting... I hear you guys... I'll get it. Thank you
That seems to be less than the offering I remember on sale day. I'd certainly reconsider at that realizing how fragile these new ones are. This IMU/ABS issue mine is having is a $3000 expense out of warranty.

Back