canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
I have Jardine Exhaust I do like the sound, but would like it even deeper.
So here is my thought when you have a large opening and you cover it up the sound is more muffed and the sound is deeper.
So would it work the same way with exhaust? What if I made a plate the cover the end of exhaust and drilled in 1/2 in holes , would it make the sound deeper? Or will it kill the performance? Just a thought

Yes I will like to do it but really would like to know if I’ll run into other problems?
Some times ideas could run into bigger problems, This might of been thought of before, but has anyone done it? And if not why?
I would think the smaller opening could deepen sound?

could you elaborate ? Why No?
Sure.
By “deepen”, you mean “lower frequency”, no.
You can put a louder pipe, but it still won’t be Harley-esque.
It’s three cylinder cadence will be always that.
My Tiger 1050 & Rocket III both have a soul stirring wail when ridden in anger.

So here is my thought when you have a large opening and you cover it up the sound is more muffed and the sound is deeper.
So would it work the same way with exhaust?
I tried this several times with the wife. The deeper the growl, the more it was going to hurt when I let go :eek::eek:

Lol ok I just thought I’ll ask, we all would like it to sound better then a sucky Harley or a v8, I love when they fly bye me and before they even pull over to the lane I’m in front of them again sure makes them pissed off:)

Back