Exhaust manifold design program

Honestly, I don't really know. I'm an ok parts changer and not a bad welder, but have no idea about making real power. I thought the program would give me the answers, but it seems I don't know enough to ask the right questions.

I think it'll be better just to see what numbers you get from your new pipe design. I'm sure my back yard approach won't have near the results. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Hopefully I can save enough money to get one of the first batch.

I'll just build me a cat delete, and drill out my baffles for now.

Thanks

Travelguy (Sam) used to make an exhaust system (Pedators) fitted to a Supertrap. Carpenter also has a custom header and muffler.

I like the Carpenter pipes. I thought I might save a few bucks by building my own pipes. But I'm starting to realize I'll probably waste time and money, only to come up short on horsepower.

I think I'll save up my money, and see what the options (and HP numbers) are.

exhausted

Now you know why people want wages for making exhausts :). The R3 engine being large makes reasonable HP with an exhaust that is too big or too short 'cause no-one notices the loss of torque with their butt dyno. Two bikes with say 160hp will RIDE much differently if one has the correct exhaust dimensions. Since 2005 I have tried and tested maybe 6 or 7 different collectors and , straight headers,stepped headers, headers of many sizes, exhausts and muffelrs ad nauseum, etc and it is surprising to find how much difference it all makes. But I have come to realize, really not many folk care. If it LOOKS cool and sounds cool, it will sell.

I understand that's how some people think.

But I'm looking for the best performance the pipe can give me.

What have you found to be the best combination for power out of a motor with no internal mods?

Steel, I think Nev would say Reband Pipes, He seems to recommend them. To my understanding Nev had some input to these pipes. I have them and Love them. After the dyno WOW ----- My butt dyno was impressed:eek:. The Reband seems to be the pick at the moment, Although norseman has had some issues with the ceramic coating - I would suggest trying to buy them RAW (uncoated) then take them into your nearest ceramic coater or chrome (I reckon Polished silver ceramic coating would look schmick like Ozrider did.:cool:

Are the Rebands available on this side of the world?

Will they work right side up? Or do I have to be hanging on the bottom of the globe like you guys? :D
no you will have to ride with a set of roller skates on your head for when you open her up as the Rebands will turn you upside down :D:rolleyes:

Hey Steel, Ric at Reband quoted me $850AUD for just the bare header system. That's no mounts for the heatshields or ceramic coating. That is a bare metal finish. Maybe add a Supertrapp as Travelguy did with his systems. Just a thought Steel as postage to the States is expensive.

Back