Exclusive: Three new Triumphs spied!

As a second bike I reckon I'd be real happy with a Tiger 800, but the Sports would be an awesome main ride. Actually thinking a Street Triple might be finding its way in our garage sooner or late next year.......

Just on the gears thing, I'm OK with 5 now that I'm used to it. Running the 240/55 Bridgestone helps with slightly longer legs. I'd hate to go back to a '50 now.

2.8 litre V6 would do me. :D

To me Triumph is missing the boat. While I like the looks of the new Trophy (have to see one in person) The 2300cc motor and the handling of the R3 is so well suited to be a heavy tourer like the Gold wing. I remembers seeing drawings of a faired R3 with hard bags, a trunk etc.

Honda had great success with the Valkyrie in three different configurations (standard, Tourer and Interstate) If Triumph would do that, they could sustain the R3 line for quite a while.

I'm currently shopping for a Valkyrie Interstate right now for traveling and then turn the Roadster into a single seat Street fighter......

Latest issue of Australian Motorcycle News has a spy photo of the new Tiger Sports .... nowhere near a un-beautiful (ugly) as the current model. Claims they will be phasing out the Sprint and the Tiger will be the sub-Trophy tourer .... tempting :rolleyes:

Bummer I actually have always liked the Sprint and have been thinking about getting one as a small all around toy. I just need to justify it in my mind as Gracie needs some more ponies !!!! If I were them I would do one with the 1215 motor or even a little larger :D If Carpenter Racing did some cam, head work and exhaust package, I would have one in a heart beat!!!!
Moybe I should look into a turbo kit for one to retrieve the torque I would miss because of the Rockets.

I would like to see a American Base Rocket 3. Something with common rim/tire sizes. A factory touring fairing.

I still do not understand why they are not working to be the first to offer a diesel motorcycle?

But i guess you can add all that gear onto a Tourer or a Roadster ... and you'd have a bike that would still be a bit different from anyone elses. I guess it all depends if being a bit different is important or not to you. Who knows what Triumph will come out with , they claim they listen to (and watch) what their customers want. Rockets are such a small volume seller maybe they will never offer more than the base model. They'll let Owners customise them as they desire. Doubt they will ever offer a fixed fairing like in the photo. My thinking being is that i have never seen an Ausssie Owner fit one to their Rocket. I think Australia is a fair size market for R3's and im sure Triumph Australia is taking note of what the 'trends' are as far as mods go ... maybe , what the f#ck would i know.

I would think that Aus would be a great market for a fully loaded R3GT. Your traveling distances are similar to those here in the States so it would make sense to have 2 large markets for such a product.

The naked R3T makes no sense really; almost pointless when you consider how good the R3 is for touring anyway. When Cruiser mag does its annual bike guide, the T doesnt even make it into the touring section but rather is listed with the cruisers (along with the Roadster, which could/should be in with the nakeds). HD, Victory, kwaka have several in both sections. Something like that Kwaka would sell better than the present one I reckon, even here.

I like my Rocket but I will be honest I understand fully why the Majority in the real bike purchase think the R3 blows

Back