Erik Buell Racing closed down again.

That sucks .. guess you just can't build small numbers of quality machines (in anywhere other than micro-Asia) and make a buck.

Cycle world review reported it took 34 workers 3 days to build 1 bike! wisconsin employees, taxes, insurance, SSC, etc It had to be $20k in labor for a bike that sold for $16.
When I read about it yesterday I rode to my dealer to trade my Speed triple in on one but apparently they can't sell any until there's a court ruling, warranty issue salesman said, he also said they owned the bikes in the showroom and there were at least 8. they had them discounted $2 and 4 K and still weren't selling.

This is terrible, but makes me wonder if the sport bike market just can't support a newcomer - or if the remaining buyers are truly separated from the reality we knew 20 years ago, back when everyone was riding a motorcycle.

I am surprised at the lemming mentality in this price range, we've seen inferior products become the standard at lower price points, vhs over beta, blueray over hd etc but to drop 15-20k without due process shocks me.

Back