Engine oil transferring into void

i was told they will empty my oil and if the correct amount comes out it will mean that there's a problem and it will take them 10 hrs to "Fix" it. so if not enough oil comes out I'm presuming they will say there is no problem:unsure: I'm not convinced:rolleyes:

Seeing as yer both from Scotland I was wondering if your both using the same dealer . I think there is only one in the country.

i was told they will empty my oil and if the correct amount comes out it will mean that there's a problem and it will take them 10 hrs to "Fix" it. so if not enough oil comes out I'm presuming they will say there is no problem:unsure: I'm not convinced:rolleyes:

translation
if it has the proper amount of oil then they think that the return pump is not doing its job an i assume (?) they will want to change it
if the oil is not the proper level then i would assume that it is burning it or there is something on with the way u r checking it.

translation
if it has the proper amount of oil then they think that the return pump is not doing its job an i assume (?) they will want to change it
if the oil is not the proper level then i would assume that it is burning it or there is something on with the way u r checking it.
If there is the proper amount of oil then he says it's the seal as it is a known fault, I'm not sure if it's a missing seal or a damaged seal. i would assume the same as you, although i checked the oil correctly;)

If there is the proper amount of oil then he says it's the seal as it is a known fault, I'm not sure if it's a missing seal or a damaged seal. i would assume the same as you, although i checked the oil correctly;)

I think that we r both on the same page
my thought was if the seal (that they r referring to) is part of the pump or the storage tank then if u wait for a while to check oil it might drain back rapidly
causing a low oil level that is the reason i suggested u check while running (no time to drain back)

10 hours of labor on a fairly new bike. This is a shame.
Triumph tries to save money on manufacturing in another country and end up losing on warranty work and reputation.
I would think 10 times before ever considering a triumph again.
Having said that, I love the Rocket.

well just finished lunch and was pondering this problem
so what i would say is to start it up let it run for a minute and while it is running check the oil if it reads full (or close) then the oil level is correct
then turn it off and check it a few times if the oil goes down then u have a drain back problem from the tank.
now if it has the correct amount of quarts/liters and u start it up and it is not full then u have a problem with the pump that returns the oil to the tank.
that would mean that the oil is staying in the sump and if u keep putting more oil in it the oil will built up in the sump and will cause problems.
hth
herman

2020 R3GT at dealer for service, 1 year 4,500 miles. refilling engine oil it took about 1.5 litres over the capacity to even register on the dip stick. Triumph tech say the oil is transferring into a void in the engine where an oil seal has been omitted on assembly. Repairing it under warranty. Anyone else had this happen?
My bullsh!t meter is registering full scale..............

Back