Engine oil transferring into void

Bonzo

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 R3GT
2020 R3GT at dealer for service, 1 year 4,500 miles. refilling engine oil it took about 1.5 litres over the capacity to even register on the dip stick. Triumph tech say the oil is transferring into a void in the engine where an oil seal has been omitted on assembly. Repairing it under warranty. Anyone else had this happen?

2020 R3GT at dealer for service, 1 year 4,500 miles. refilling engine oil it took about 1.5 litres over the capacity to even register on the dip stick. Triumph tech say the oil is transferring into a void in the engine where an oil seal has been omitted on assembly. Repairing it under warranty. Anyone else had this happen?
Unbelievable! On the older rockets they fitted oil seals the wrong way round now they forget to fit a seal at all? On a £21000 bike? Are production line workers under too much pressure or is it all hit and miss production? All basic mistakes.

I'm not surprised, really this oil level check is complicated ...

If they said it went into the twilight zone i might believe them
Of coarse that might be the best scam ever.
I can almost see it now we get $800 to replace the oring that never existed.
Should this turn out to be true i will eat my words

Wasn't there another fellow who noticed the "O" ring seal missing in the intake plenum?

What void are they talking about? Were there any indications of an external leak? If not, I'd be curious as to why a seal would be needed??? How would you ever know it was leaking???

I've been having trouble getting the bike into neutral and someone on her suggested i check the oil..i did and there is no oil on the dipstick at all!:eek: (2021 Gt with 2.5k miles on it) no warning light has came on, so I phoned the dealer and he says he has a bike in tomorrow for the same problem :eek:, he has confirmed what Bonzo was saying about a missing seal. It's just as well i didn't put in extra oil as he says that would have been to much oil in the engine! he has ordered a new radiator cap for me.. both of those things will be done under warranty,

My last triumph was a 2014 speed triple R, which was made in Britain, and i had it for 5 trouble free years i don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of the triumphs made abroad are having problems, spoke to a guy who had broken down again on his new speed triple, the engine management light came on and it wouldn't start, this was his 2nd run on the bike (it did the same thing on his first run) both times he had to get triumph to come and collect the bike.

Back