Engine Number..........where is it

choppermutt

Standard Bore
:eek: HI - JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT. I BOUGHT A 2006 ROCKET RECENTLY AND I AM HAVING PROBLEMS LOCATING THE ENGINE NUMBER. COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE IT IS LOCATED ON THE ENGINE BLOCK

[Admin NOTE: statement about VIN is *incorrect*, while the location is correct.]

It's the last 6 or 7 digits of the serial number which is stamped on the case right behind and above the footrest/footpeg. SMTC00l....blah, blah, blah....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the engine number is stamped on the case right below the exhaust pipe/even with the rear cylinder. But to say it is the same as the serial number, I am not so sure.
Let me just say that my serial # and engine # are different.
Can anyone else shed some light on this? Rademis

The VIN number is on the headstock right above the radiator on the lett side partially obscured by the bearclaw. The engine serial number is the last 6 (I checked), along with the country of orign and the build number.

Right Pigger?

Yes, the number on the casting isn't the VIN number on the title. I'd surmise that the sticker number is stamped somewhere on the frame just like my Bonneville is.

On mine... The VIN on the label on the left side of the frame, just under the headstock, shares no numbers to the engine number engraved on the right side. And the VIN on the label is what appearred on the vehicle origin certificate then later the title.

Ahh. Welcome to the wonderful world of mfg. Every part has a number and every number has a part. All different albeit but the total combination equals your Vin which identifies all said parts mfg. process, date of and paperwork pertaining to including changes to said parts during the history of development. When and if a part fails and is reported to Triumph they can pull that particular parts life from inception the who's, how's and when's of it and find out if there is a pattern to the problem and solve it. Now a days vendors make most of the items at different locations so they have their own set of history on the part and when Triumph comes jumping down their throat they can say Jr. was out sick and so and so didn't know his anatomical part from a hole in the ground and that was the reason the dang thing fell apart or what ever.:soapbox:

engine no.

On mine... The VIN on the label on the left side of the frame, just under the headstock, shares no numbers to the engine number engraved on the right side. And the VIN on the label is what appearred on the vehicle origin certificate then later the title.

Mine is exactly like Pig9r's.

Markc

:eek: HI - JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT. I BOUGHT A 2006 ROCKET RECENTLY AND I AM HAVING PROBLEMS LOCATING THE ENGINE NUMBER. COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE IT IS LOCATED ON THE ENGINE BLOCK

Welcome to the forum. Post often and pics are a requirement :D

VIN on the right side of the headstock and engine number is on the lower right side of the engine ...COOL...

Back