Engine Ice.. and other Coolants.

I ordered the OEM Ethylene Glycol based coolant this morning. thanks guys as always I really appreciate the input.

Ages ago Wayne Tripp advised me to add DEI Radiator Relief even to OEM coolant. Warms up faster and seems to need the fan less in general.

I have always used the manufacturer recommended liquids. In the case of anti freeze, I add WaterWetter. On Motorcycles and cars that do not have temp gauges that read in degrees you never really know if it works to help cooling efficiency, but the added corrosion inhibitors make it worth the cost in my opinion.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - WaterWetter® Coolant Additives

Maybe I'll start a company to promote the use of my newly designed coolant additive, Beast Release.

It reduces engine temperatures, adds 12 horsepower, promotes heat transfer, is wetter than water, improves coolant viscosity, stabilizes pH, and is ecologically responsible. Not only that, it's made in the country of origin for most Triumphs.

I'll bet I could get a decent market for this stuff, especially if the mark up is 400% or more so that dealers and distributors have a vested interest in being convinced that it works. A website with FAQS, and some colorful brochures, and we're on our way.

What is it? Thai fish sauce.

When I was a very young engineer, I was approached by an entrepreneur who wanted manufacturing advice for a new product. I asked if the product worked, and whether or not he owned the patents.

His answer was "It doesn't matter. We'll have really cool end cap displays in every K-Mart in the country, and by the time the lawyers catch up with us, the money will be buried." His intended market was a segment of the population that were, at the time, grossly undereducated.

It was a classic practical example of the long known truth that a fool and his money can soon be parted.... by the unscrupulous, with the aid of ignorant, possibly well-meaning partners.

Just use the manufacturer recommended 50-50 mix of ethylene glycol and distilled water. There is absolutely no basis for choosing or adding any other product.

Maybe I'll start a company to promote the use of my newly designed coolant additive, Beast Release.

It reduces engine temperatures, adds 12 horsepower, promotes heat transfer, is wetter than water, improves coolant viscosity, stabilizes pH, and is ecologically responsible. Not only that, it's made in the country of origin for most Triumphs.

I'll bet I could get a decent market for this stuff, especially if the mark up is 400% or more so that dealers and distributors have a vested interest in being convinced that it works. A website with FAQS, and some colorful brochures, and we're on our way.

What is it? Thai fish sauce.

When I was a very young engineer, I was approached by an entrepreneur who wanted manufacturing advice for a new product. I asked if the product worked, and whether or not he owned the patents.

His answer was "It doesn't matter. We'll have really cool end cap displays in every K-Mart in the country, and by the time the lawyers catch up with us, the money will be buried." His intended market was a segment of the population that were, at the time, grossly undereducated.

It was a classic practical example of the long known truth that a fool and his money can soon be parted.... by the unscrupulous, with the aid of ignorant, possibly well-meaning partners.

Just use the manufacturer recommended 50-50 mix of ethylene glycol and distilled water. There is absolutely no basis for choosing or adding any other product.

So, my question to you as a super knowledgable engineer would be... Have you researched and used EVERY product on the market to support your case "There is absolutely no basis for choosing or adding any other product."

If the answer is not a resounding yes, you are just throwing out your thoughts like the rest of us.

When my wounds heal from mounting my rear tire (HA!) and I install my silicone hose set, I plan on using some of this stuff. If it's good enough for Jay, it's good enough for me and my Rocket.

So, my question to you as a super knowledgable engineer would be... Have you researched and used EVERY product on the market to support your case "There is absolutely no basis for choosing or adding any other product."

If the answer is not a resounding yes, you are just throwing out your thoughts like the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure that folks would rather hear from you, whatever your super background is.

So ... send me your credit card and I'll send you a case of Beast Release at a 20% discount with free shipping.

You can test it and let us know whether it's good. I might send a case to Jay too. Nothing like being a comedian to sharpen the mind on technological issues.

The other day someone thought that I ought to post my own videos too ... I have no interest. Most of this stuff seems patently obvious to us super engineers.

I still can't directly pick up a Rocket when it's fallen on a sandy slope though. Those powers are for others.

Meanwhile, my foolish power of casting pearls is well wasted, and I'll remember that. Note to self: don't bother to be Captain Obvious, because Captain Obvious isn't always on an obvious track. Cheers ....
:banghead::whitstling::sleep:

On another water cooled bike I used to use Water Wetter with distilled water. No need for anti-freeze here.

Back